Word to PDF: Convert Wrd to PDF w/ XP, Vista Compat.

In summary, the person is looking for a word to PDF converter software that is compatible with Windows XP and Vista and can also batch convert files. Some recommended options include downloading the software PDFCreator from FileHippo, using a free add-on from Microsoft for Office 2007, or using the CutePDF printer, although it does not have batch processing capabilities.
danielchloe
Hi

I have a lot of work regarding documents management. I am looking for a word to PDF converter software compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista as well which can even batch convert files. Please recommend some conversion tool.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
word 2007:
file -> save as -> pdf

You can download this software - http://www.filehippo.com/download_pdfcreator/" It is legally free and useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a free add-on from Microsoft which works in Office 2007; it will let you save any Word document as .pdf (but, you have to Google the add-on and download and install it first).

CutePDF printer. It acts as a printer but outputs PDFs. Cannot do batch processing, though.

1. How do I convert a Word document to PDF?

To convert a Word document to PDF, you can use a free online conversion tool or a software program specifically designed for this purpose. Simply upload your Word document, select the PDF format, and click the convert button. The converted PDF file will be available for download.

2. Is this conversion compatible with Windows XP and Vista?

Yes, this conversion is compatible with both Windows XP and Vista. You can convert your Word document to PDF on any computer running these operating systems.

3. Is there a limit to the file size for conversion?

Most online conversion tools have a file size limit, usually around 100 MB. However, if you have a larger file, you can use a software program that allows for batch conversion of multiple files at once.

4. Will the formatting of my Word document be preserved in the converted PDF?

Yes, the formatting of your Word document will be preserved in the converted PDF. However, it is always a good idea to double check the converted file to ensure that all formatting is correct.

5. Do I need to have Adobe Acrobat to convert Word to PDF?

No, you do not need to have Adobe Acrobat to convert Word to PDF. There are many free online conversion tools and software programs available that can convert your Word document to PDF without the need for any additional software.