How Do I Solve This Dynamics Mechanics Equation?

In summary, the student is trying to determine the final velocity of a train car that has gone up a grade, has stopped, and then accelerates back down the grade.
darkmagic

Homework Statement

Can someone teach me on how to solve this problem? This is a dynamics mechanics problem. I tried everything I know but I cannot really get the answer. Please help ASAP.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• problem.JPG
    problem.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 381
Physics news on Phys.org
Please someone explain to me...

darkmagic said:

Homework Statement

Can someone teach me on how to solve this problem? This is a dynamics mechanics problem. I tried everything I know but I cannot really get the answer. Please help ASAP.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

When you say that you've tried everything that you know, what have you tried? What approaches? Why do you think that the section that this problem is from is titled "Work and Energy"?

BTW, I get a different answer than is shown. Are you sure about those numbers?

it involves the work-energy equation. the answer is from my teacher.

darkmagic said:
it involves the work-energy equation. the answer is from my teacher.

So what can you tell us about the relationship between work and energy? How do you think it applies to this problem?

If I understand the problem statement, a train car or whaver coasts up a grade with some initial velocity, and they want to know what the final backward velocity will be after it goes up, stops, and accelerates back down the grade. What kind of energy equations would you use to approach this?

the equation that involves in that problem is summation of XS=1/2 W/g [v2 - vo2]

darkmagic said:
the equation that involves in that problem is summation of XS=1/2 W/g [v2 - vo2]

Sorry, you're going to have to define the terms in that equation for me. And in defining the terms in your own words, you might just talk yourself to the solution of the problem...

Well, except that I still think the posted answer has a typo in it...

1. What is dynamics mechanics problem solving?

Dynamics mechanics problem solving is the study of how objects move and interact with each other, and using mathematical principles to solve problems related to their motion and forces acting upon them.

2. Why is dynamics mechanics problem solving important?

Dynamics mechanics problem solving is important because it helps us understand and predict how objects will behave under different conditions, and allows us to design and create technologies that rely on the principles of motion and forces.

3. What are some common examples of dynamics mechanics problems?

Some common examples of dynamics mechanics problems include calculating the velocity of a falling object, determining the forces acting on a moving car, and predicting the trajectory of a projectile.

4. What are some strategies for solving dynamics mechanics problems?

Some strategies for solving dynamics mechanics problems include identifying all the forces acting on an object, breaking down complex problems into smaller parts, and using equations such as Newton's laws of motion to solve for unknown variables.

5. How can I improve my skills in dynamics mechanics problem solving?

You can improve your skills in dynamics mechanics problem solving by practicing regularly, studying fundamental concepts and equations, and seeking out resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, and problem-solving workshops.