1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Work and kinitic energy

1. Oct 11, 2006 #1
    a constant force of magnitude 10 N makes an angle of 150. (measured counterclockwise) with the direction of increasing x as the force ascts on the 2 kg object. how much work is done on the object by the force as the object moves from the origin to the point with position vector. (2m)i - (4m)j?

what did till now is w = f x d and force was equal to 10Cos 150 x (-4.47)
    i used the pathoagorious theomrem and got the value -4.47. 2^2 + 4^2 and then found the root for that answer. but stil my answer is wrong. Could someone please explain me what i am doing wrong. Thanks a lot for the help.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2006 #2

radou

Homework Helper

[tex]W = \vec{F}\cdot \vec{\Delta r} = (10 \cos(150) \vec{i}+10 \sin(150) \vec{j})\cdot(2\vec{i}-4\vec{j})[/tex].

4. Oct 11, 2006 #3
    another quick question. There is a ramp at an angle now a box is being pushed up with certain force up a certain distance. The mass of the block is given. How can i figure out what the total work done is?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?