• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Work done by three forces

• Thread starter DRC12
  • Start date

Homework Statement

The three ropes shown in the bird's-eye view of the figure (Figure 1) are used to drag a crate 3.2 across the floor.How much work is done by each of the three forces? Then the picture is Force one is 600N 20o above the x-axis force two is 410N 30o below the x-axis and force 3 is 650N along the x-axis in the negative direction

Homework Equations

w=Fscos(∂)

The Attempt at a Solution

So I plugged the each of the numbers into the equation and got work from force one to be 600*3.2*cos20=1804J, the work from force two to be 410*3.2*cos30=1136 and work from force three equals 650*3.2*cos180=-2080
This seems really easy but when I plug it into the website it says it's wrong and gives no feedback I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

Answers and Replies

Doc Al
Mentor
This seems really easy but when I plug it into the website it says it's wrong and gives no feedback I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong
Your work looks good to me. Sometimes they are fussy about the number of significant figures.

This site doesn't care about significant figures but it tends to be unclear about what it's looking for I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making any small mistakes

Just realized I was supposed to answer in kJ instead of J