1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Work experience in patent law

1. Sep 2, 2011 #1
    Hi, I'm an undergrad electrical and mechanical engineer going into third year.

I recently contacted a local I.P. law firm about doing some work experience with them. They said that although they hadn't ever taken on students at that office before they would be interested in talking to me about it and that I should send my CV as a first step.

I'm hoping to get a bit of advice from anyone in IP law or who knows the field about how useful experience in this area would be at this point in my education, and how valuable t will be for when I apply for jobs, not just in patent law offices but in engineering more generally, further down the line.

It seems like intellectual property is a good career move if I can get in but from what I've heard its competitive, and here in the UK anyway is dominated by ex-oxbridge types.

Any thoughts?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted