Work Physics: Grasp the Concept & Pass Your Test

In summary, the person is asking for help understanding the concept of work and how to apply the given formulas in a specific problem involving a space module being propelled to a height of 800 miles above Earth. The person is seeking clarification on when to use the given formulas and how they relate to the concept of work.
k1mxzn
i really don't understand the work idea.. I am studyin for a test and i missed the class where we learned about work and now I am here mindfuct.

i kno these 3 formulas:
f=kd
f=k(m1m2/d^2)
f=k(q1q2/d^2)

i don't understand wen to use these tho.. please hlep me grasp this concept.

Physics news on Phys.org
This isn't really a calculus question.

well its in my calculus book and I am confused as hell right now.

Your question is far too broad. That's like asking to write a report on WWII. Narrow your question to something that wouldn't require 10,000 words for a person to guess what it is you don't understand about a huge topic. And make sure your question has to do with calculus or analysis.

ok. ill ask the specific question I am confused about:
A space module weighs 15 metric tons on the surface of earth. How much work is done in propelling the module to a height of 800 miles above earth?

The picture shows Earth wit a radius of 4000 miles and then theirs the extra 800 miles between the Earth and space module

Work is the integral of force times an infinitesimal piece of length, or integral of force as a function of distance, integrating with respect to distance. The second formula above gives the force in terms of mass and distance. The third gives the force in terms of charge, which is not related to this problem. Good to go?

1. What is work physics?

Work physics is a branch of physics that deals with the study of work, energy, and power. It explains the relationship between the forces acting on an object and the resulting motion of that object.

2. How is work calculated?

Work is calculated by multiplying the force applied to an object by the distance the object moves in the direction of the force. This can be expressed by the equation W = Fd, where W is work, F is force, and d is distance.

3. What is the difference between work and power?

While work is the amount of energy transferred to an object, power is the rate at which work is done. In other words, power is the amount of work done per unit of time. This can be expressed by the equation P = W/t, where P is power, W is work, and t is time.

4. How does the concept of work relate to real-life situations?

Work physics can help us understand the motion and energy involved in everyday tasks such as lifting objects, pushing a cart, or riding a bike. It also plays a crucial role in the design and operation of machines and devices used in various industries.

5. How can I use work physics to improve my test scores?

To improve your understanding of work physics and perform well on tests, it is important to practice solving problems and familiarize yourself with the relevant equations. You can also seek help from a tutor or join a study group to clarify any concepts you may be struggling with.