Solving a Motor Lift Problem: Find Out What You Need to Do

• Thread starter Liatana
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, the individual is seeking help to solve a problem involving a 1780 W motor lifting a 252 kg piano to a sixth-story window 15.8 m above. They ask for clarification on what they need to do and the definition of power. The expert confirms that the formula for power is P = W / t and prompts the individual to determine the work involved.
Liatana
I can't solve this problem, please help me.

How long will it take a 1780 W motor to lift a 252 kg piano to a sixth-story window 15.8 m above?
what do i have to do?

Physics news on Phys.org
Liatana said:
I can't solve this problem, please help me.

How long will it take a 1780 W motor to lift a 252 kg piano to a sixth-story window 15.8 m above?
what do i have to do?

What is the definition of power? Write it down and I'm sure you'll make progress.

Edit: you may find this useful: http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/CLass/energy/u5l1e.html" [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator:
you mean p=W/t?

Liatana said:
you mean p=W/t?

Yes, I mean P = W / t. Now, what does the work equal?

yes, i find it thanks

1. How do I determine the cause of a motor lift problem?

To determine the cause of a motor lift problem, start by checking the power source and connections. If those are in working order, the issue may be due to a faulty motor or mechanical parts. It is important to carefully inspect all components and consult a professional if needed.

2. What should I do if my motor lift is not working?

If your motor lift is not working, first check if it is receiving power and if all connections are secure. If those are not the issue, consult the manufacturer's manual for troubleshooting steps. If the problem persists, it is best to contact a professional for assistance.

3. How do I know if my motor lift needs to be replaced?

If your motor lift is not functioning properly, it is important to assess the extent of the damage and the cost of repairs. If the cost of repairs is close to or exceeds the cost of a new motor lift, it may be more cost-effective to replace it.

4. Can I fix a motor lift problem myself?

It is possible to fix a motor lift problem yourself, but it is important to have proper knowledge and experience. Minor issues such as loose connections can be fixed, but if the problem is more complex, it is best to consult a professional to avoid further damage.

5. How can I prevent motor lift problems in the future?

To prevent motor lift problems, it is crucial to perform regular maintenance and inspections. This includes checking connections, lubricating mechanical parts, and replacing worn-out components. It is also important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for usage and storage to avoid any potential damage.