1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Work study advice

1. Oct 3, 2008 #1
    I recently came across an opportunity to work in a workstudy program at a cancer research center in seattle. The problem is at my current college im am not eligible for work study according to the COA - EFC = Financial Need formula. I really would like to take advantage of this opportunity.

Does anyone know if negotiations are possible with the college one attends to become work study eligible? For example, no according to the formula i dont have financial need but in real life my parents arent paying for my college...

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2008 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'm not familiar with that program in particular, but one option might be to contact the people in the department doing the research. Rather than working through an established program, it is possible they have funding for a student or two outside of that. It never hurts to ask.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?