1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Work to do with geometry.

1. Jul 20, 2006 #1
    I realised that I couldn't post homework in the other forum so I redirected here.

I don't have a scanner so I can't show my working out >.<.

Please help me and diagrams would be nice ;) .

A circle is drawn so that it just fits in the corner of a page. Point A is 1cm from one edge of the page and 2cm from another edge. Find the radius of the cricle.

Two circles of the same radius touch at A and have a common tangent BC. A small circle touches the larger circles and also has BC as a tangent. Prove that the radius of the small circle is 1/4 of the radius of the larger circles.

P is a point within a rectangular room ABCF. P's distance to A, B and C is 4m, 3m and 2m respectively. Find distance DP.

THANK YOU :wink:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2006 #2

0rthodontist

Science Advisor

Well, if you want pictures you can draw them yourself in Paint or whatever drawing program you have. Upload them to imageshack.com and post the link here.

You have not given enough information to solve the first one. Probably you should make a picture for that one.

You should say what you have figured out so far about these problems and where your specific difficulty is.

4. Jul 21, 2006 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

What does point A have to do with the circle? Is it on the circle? Inside it?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?