1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Work towards a job for nasa

1. Dec 13, 2004 #1
    I am a junior in high school and I live in New York. I am planning on going to an undergrad school around here for 2 years after I graduate, then transfering over to UCLA or one of the better physics schools in the west coast. I am not sure yet what aspect of physics I want to major in, but I have been doing side experiments out of school such as designing/making a hovercraft and some other things to try and narrow that down. Basically what I was wondering is, if I eventually wanted to try and get a job working for nasa, what would you recomend I took in college, what kind of stuff do they look for/recquire. Also, I have been thinking about studying physics and other sciences and after getting my Bachelors, trying to get a job as a teacher and while I teach, take night classes to get my phd and work towards a job for nasa. What do you suggest I do?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2004 #2

Gold Member

in college, take English 1 and 2, Calculus 1, 2, Multivariable, and Differential Equations, Physics 1, Physics 2, oh and General Chemistry 1 and 2. It depends on what college or university in New York you will be attending. Certainly if you are going to CUNY you'll have to make sure you get straight A's in order to transfer to UCLA. Same thing with SUNY. If you end up going to Columbia - i wont recommend going to UCLA - these guys are overrated, stay in New York

-- my 2 cents
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?