How Many Workers and Days to Make 30 Units in 2 Days?

• Thread starter Megasundato
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Product
In summary, the problem can be solved by setting up the equation p=kwd, where p is the number of units, k is a constant, w is the number of workers, and d is the number of days. By solving for k and plugging in the given values, we can determine that it would take 9 workers to make 30 units in 2 days.
Megasundato

Homework Statement

It takes 2 workers 3 days to make 10 units. How many workers would it take to make 30 units in 2 days?

Homework Equations

I'm not sure of what equations to use.

The Attempt at a Solution

I've tried techniques such as laying out the equations and using substitution, but I'm really not sure how to work this particular problem.

I don't know if this is posted on another thread, if so, I would appreciate a link very much.

Physics news on Phys.org
Megasundato said:

Homework Statement

It takes 2 workers 3 days to make 10 units. How many workers would it take to make 30 units in 2 days?

Homework Equations

I'm not sure of what equations to use.

The Attempt at a Solution

I've tried techniques such as laying out the equations and using substitution, but I'm really not sure how to work this particular problem.

I don't know if this is posted on another thread, if so, I would appreciate a link very much.

Show us what you've tried, even if it's wrong.

Look at this in terms of what a single worker can do in one day.

ok. well pretty much I just set some equations up such as,

d*w=p
2w*3d=10p

But I realized this is not the right approach.

Just now in the writing of this post, I think I may have figured out how to do it. I made into a constant(k) type problem.

pretty much I put that the product varies directly with the amount of workers multiplied by the time in days.

p=kwd

I then just solved for constant, k, using the equation which gives me all the values of the variables. I got k = 5/3 and my answer for the problem was 9, which was a choice among 5, 6, 9, 18.

I do believe this the the correct method for this type of problem, but of course, please tell me if it is not. thanks.

I agree with your answer. Here is my reasoning.

One worker can make 5 units in 3 days, so each worker can make 5/3 unit per day.

So in 2 days, one worker can make 2*5/3 = 10/3 units. To make 30 units, you need 30/(10/3) = 30 * 3/10 = 9 workers.

that makes sense, thanks.

What is the concept of "Workers, days, product"?

The concept of "Workers, days, product" is a formula used to calculate the productivity of a workforce. It takes into account the number of workers, the number of days worked, and the amount of product produced during that time period.

How is the productivity of a workforce measured using "Workers, days, product"?

The productivity of a workforce is measured by dividing the total product produced by the number of workers and the number of days worked. This gives a measure of how much each worker is contributing to the overall production.

What factors can affect the accuracy of "Workers, days, product" calculations?

There are several factors that can affect the accuracy of "Workers, days, product" calculations. These include variations in worker skill levels, differences in work processes, and external factors such as equipment breakdowns or supply shortages.

How can "Workers, days, product" be used to improve workforce efficiency?

By tracking "Workers, days, product" over time, employers can identify patterns in productivity and make adjustments to improve efficiency. This may include training programs to improve worker skills, streamlining work processes, or investing in better equipment.

Are there any limitations to using "Workers, days, product" as a measure of workforce productivity?

While "Workers, days, product" can provide a useful measure of productivity, it does not take into account other important factors such as quality of work or employee satisfaction. It should be used in conjunction with other measures to get a more comprehensive understanding of workforce performance.