1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Working at Home

1. Oct 7, 2008 #1
    I have been a disable person for some years, and I was wondering about the possibilities of working at home on any field of science. math, physics, enginiery, chem, biology etc.

I d really appreciate to learn more info about the possibilities of working at home. Feel free to add advices.

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2008 #2

eri

That will depend on your background and what you want to accomplish. If you have no background in the sciences but want to contribute original, publishable work to the field, it's probably not too likely - not without going back for an education, anyway. There's just so much that's already been done, so much you need to learn before you can even think of something new. But there's always the possibility of going back to school.

4. Oct 8, 2008 #3
    You can do Tutoring Online in Math and Science courses. Or better yet if you know anybody that can do web design you can have them design you your own site for educational purposes like posting math and science videos and work-sheets to study along. Just remember to charge users a reasonable fee.

General Training and Educational Services (For example):
    http://gteservices.com/CMS15/

5. Oct 8, 2008 #4

Dale

Staff: Mentor

If you have the qualifications a lot of major companies now offer remote-employee positions or allow tele-commuting opportunities. You still need to be qualified for the position, but work arrangements are much more flexible now than in the past.

6. Oct 10, 2008 #5
    ... :confused:

Let us try to stay on topic here.

7. Oct 10, 2008 #6

turbo

Gold Member

If you have not already established some credibility or work history with an employer, it's going to be REALLY hard to convince anybody to pay you to work from home. Believe me - I've been there. If you have some great idea that can result in self-employment from home, you might have a chance. Good luck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?