Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

World in 10 years

1. Sep 4, 2004 #1
    What do you think the world will look like in ten years, what specific areas of science do you see taking off.

I see massive intergration of computers resulting
    in huge amounts of data needing huge computers that all are connected for optinal effeincey

AI should also grow

hopefully dna processors will work which would help in sorting the massive amounts of data
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2004 #2
    I'd like to see advances in stem cell technology, human cloning, and nanotech, but that's because I want to be immortal.

The NASA telescopes should reveal habitable planets and perhaps even detect atmospheres- in fact I predict over 10,000 new planets could be discovered in the next 10 years. Hopefully we won't waste money trying to put men on Mars.

Slightly off topic, I think socio/economic conditions will get worse before they get better. The necessity for one-world government is looming and can't be ignored.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?