Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Worst cell phone eitquette ever

1. Nov 14, 2005 #1

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Cell phone etiquette has hit a new all-time low. Now people can't even stop talking on their cell phones long enough to rob you. Cell phone bandit
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2005 #2

Gold Member

That's just wrong...
  4. Nov 14, 2005 #3
    Yes she should be useing one of the headsets..got to keep your hands free to pull a good job.
  5. Nov 14, 2005 #4

Gold Member

OOps, shut up woolie.
  6. Nov 14, 2005 #5

Staff: Mentor

Well, at least she wasn't walking back and forth ranting and raving, as one gentlemen did while waiting to start boarding a flight. IIRC, he was talking to his lawyer. :biggrin:

Some of us were wondering if he was going to lose it. :rolleyes:
  7. Nov 14, 2005 #6
    I have had people do that at my work far too often. The talking on the cell that is, not the robbing part.
    There's nothing more annoying than a person coming to you so you can do something for them but who seemingly has no interest in communicating with you.
    I always try my hardest to interupt their conversation as much as possible. I once had a guy show up who completely ignored me when I was trying to ask him why he was there because he was on his cell phone. After a few minutes I closed the window on him and ignored him in turn.
  8. Nov 14, 2005 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wonder what happens if someone acts dumb, like they can't read her handwriting, or can't understand her hand signals, and tells her they'll wait until she's done with the phone call?

If they know who she is, maybe they can just track her cell phone signal to find her and arrest her.
  9. Nov 15, 2005 #8

I've known people who are belaying someone to get a phone out of their haul bag to answer the phone well their partner is up on the cliff. I don't climb with those people.
  10. Nov 15, 2005 #9
    no, you fall with those people.
  11. Nov 15, 2005 #10

Maybe, but that's only if I fall first.
  12. Nov 15, 2005 #11
    On the news tonight they showed her in handcuffs being led away!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?