What Are the Worst Movies You Have Seen?

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movies
In summary: I forget what it was though.In summary, movies can be good or bad. Bad movies can be hilarious, but usually are not worth watching again. Horrible movies can be so bad that they are almost un WATCHABLE.
TheStatutoryApe
Well we have talked about good movies several times.

Now let's talk about the bad ones.

I recently rewatched Johnny Mnemonic and I could not believe I did not remember how bad it was.

My friend remembered watching this movie when he was a kid and though it would be great to watch it again. It turned out to be absolutely horrible. It was called Ice Pirates.

Physics news on Phys.org
Only once in the theater I felt like leaving. It was Human Nature
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Nature_(film )
Very specifically the scene when she is running naked in the fields and singing with the birds, I thought the burlesque was too much for me to take.

On a totally different note, the movie I saw where most people left was Irréversible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irréversible
The "soundtrack" plus the few first scenes are way harder than the rest of the movie.

Also, I do not expect many have seen "Baise-moi", and I would not advise to do so. The only reason we decided to go was that, before it aired publicly, at the time many papers wrote about it in France. Few days after being released it was canceled from theaters, because it was too violent and hard, and re-classified as X-rated... I swear this is the only X-rated movie I ever saw entirely, but since it was not rated such at the time I saw it, maybe it does not count.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Spirit was a complete abomination. It had some great names from 300, Sin City, and The Matrix trilogy. Yet the movie was slow, Cinematography was unimpressive, and the acting was horrid. I want to know who I can contact about getting my money back and my wasted time.

Oh boy, there are so many, but "Anaconda" - (1997) (Jon Voight, Ice Cube, Jennifer Lopez) certainly is in the top five.

Horrendous.

About 20 years ago, my friends and I decided to have a 'schlock night'; ie: rent the worst possible movies, plus a couple of good ones to make up for it. We picked up 'Attack of the Killer Tomatoes', 'Toxic Avenger', and 'Amazon Women on the Moon' as the baddies. We loved all of them. The one that was supposed to be good turned out to be so horrible that we had to turn it off after the first 10 minutes. It was 'Lost in America' with Albert Brooks and the actress who played the stewardess in 'Airplane' (I can't recall her name). Anyone who thinks that 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' is the worst movie in history obviously never saw this stinker.

The bad far, far outnumber the good in movies. It's way easier to single out for naming the impressive ones.

But, first one that springs to mind is Roadhouse (1989) with Patrick Swayze. It is bad beyond bad. And so bad, that it actually starts moving into the "it's good because it's so bad" category.

Movies too bad to be missed:

Incubus, with William Shatner, in Esperanto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtUi1WfA024

And, The Terror of Tiny Town - a western with an all-midget cast [and a very strange intro].
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv_KZDl5CLw

Jumper.

Okay, Ivan, Terror in Tiny Town is a classic!

"Liquid Sky" had to be the worst movie I have ever seen.

Blenton; What was wrong with Jumper? (I liked it)

sas3 said:
Blenton; What was wrong with Jumper? (I liked it)

Samuel L Jackson was in it and it STILL didn't rock my face off and leave me crying for me. Thus, terrible movie.

Hitman sucked
Punisher warzone sucked
The Promotion sucked

And these movies are comedies/action movies so when I say they suck, it's as if the director spit on a piece of paper and called it a script.

Ivan Seeking said:
Movies too bad to be missed:

Incubus, with William Shatner, in Esperanto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtUi1WfA024

Finally I know how Kia looks :wink:

Lawnmower Man. I remember it being such an awesome movie some 16 years ago. I watched it a couple years ago and was completely disappointed.

Other than that, I shut them off ten minutes in and never remember their names.

Lawnmower man haunts my subconscious to this very day.

Oh and jumper... terrible, terrible plot - it was all over the place. Too many smart arse remarks, a whole theme of "wow look how cool i am, i can teleport" and to top it off camera work that made my head spin.

Blenton said:
Lawnmower man haunts my subconscious to this very day.

Oh and jumper... terrible, terrible plot - it was all over the place. Too many smart arse remarks, a whole theme of "wow look how cool i am, i can teleport" and to top it off camera work that made my head spin.

yeah Jumper's story line was ridiculous. The canon was neat though, I think they could have done something cool with it.

Jumper was kinda entertaining. One thing I didn't like about it that I keep remembering was that the way she "figured out" he in the banking business was because he failed algebra. Wow, so you can't LEARN algebra? And everyone who's in the banking business, being an ambiguous job description as it is, has to know algebra?

There are some movies that are so bad, it would be hard to convince me that they didn't TRY to make it bad. My friend wanted me to see Crank 2 with him and I'm ashamed I can say I've seen that movie. Even for a movie that's obviously supposed to be stupid, it just took stupid to a whole new level. To a point where it doesn't even make sense anymore. Some movies are so bad, you almost don't even want to try to explain how bad they are, because you feel like your words won't do justice to just how bad it is. Sometimes it feels like they should invent new words to explain how bad something is, because there's no words that currently exist that can really convey the message good enough.

I have attempted to watch one of the Uwe Boll's movies, didn't succeed fully, and will not try to watch a second one.

Please, sign: Stop Dr. Uwe Boll Petition

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0349710/"

You know when you have some kind of food poisoning and you know you will eventually vomit and it will ultimately help...but its just a matter of time and you must suffer until that moment? Put on this movie. If you don't have a bucket in front of you at the time (and I suggest you have several), your living room will be a sea of vomit by the end of this film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swimming Pool was a real stinker.

<hypnosis voice> there were never any sequels to the matrix ... or prequels to Star Wars ...</hypnosis voice>

Vanilla Sky - about half way through the movie, you kept seeing this flickering all through the movie theater. Everyone was checking their digital watches to see how much time was left.

Snakes on a Plane - I can't believe I actually watched that movie. I had such a hard time believing I'd watched it that I had to watch it again, just to be sure.

The worst three movies of all time have to be

1. The Wizard of Oz
2. Gone With the Wind
3. Citizen Kane (actually this movie is good, but traditionally appears on 'worst' lists.)

Vanilla Sky - about half way through the movie, you kept seeing this flickering all through the movie theater. Everyone was checking their digital watches to see how much time was left.
I love that movie. A lot of people just didn't understand what was going on.

Forrest Gump

Eyes Wide Shut with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, 3 hours of my life I can't get back.

Also the movie(can't remember the name) by M. Night Shamalyan, that starred Mark Wahlberg. Something about the wind was killing everyone? totally retarded

Line from the movie: a soldier hears something shocking-"Holy cheese and crackers!"

Troll 2 - Vegetarian goblins try to trick a family into turning into plants so the goblins can devour them. The script was written by Italian writers who only knew English as a second language, yet the American actors were required to deliver the lines as written in the script.

chem123 said:
Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump successfully served its purpose, however... Snakes On a Plane has got to be the worst movie ever created excluding low budget films (their budget was around 30,000,000 i believe)

OVERALL WORST: The Core. Excruciatingly horrific.

The first Transformers (haven't and don't plan to see the second one) was really atrocious too. The shockingly bad script made it the longest 2+ hours of my life.

yeah The Core was extremely awful, elementary school students were questioning its scientific accuracy.

Forrest Gump successfully served its purpose

Is this to say you enjoyed it? No problem if you do, I am just curious. Its just that I too would say it served its purpose which is why I find it to be one of the more destestful movies in recent history. By purpose I mean it was able to spin ever so subtly and ever so effectively so many things which I have a hard time agreeing with.
Plus, if you go by what the academy awards have to say (which is always a slippery slope), Forrest Gump is apparently better than Pulp Fiction.

After reading this post, maybe this would better go under the title 'most harmful movies' because I can certainly see how Forrest Gump can be easily enjoyed if watched for only the sake of enjoyment.

Bunny Lake is Missing

I fell asleep. I went back to see it again ... because well I hadn't actually seen it the first time, and proceeded to fall asleep again.

So actually I've never seen the whole movie, but I can't imagine that it would be good.

Man I've never heard of this Uwe Boll guy but how hte hell does one go about making so many horrendously reviewed movies and... not only refrain from shooting himself, but actually continue to make movies!

chem123 said:
Is this to say you enjoyed it? No problem if you do, I am just curious. Its just that I too would say it served its purpose which is why I find it to be one of the more destestful movies in recent history. By purpose I mean it was able to spin ever so subtly and ever so effectively so many things which I have a hard time agreeing with.
Plus, if you go by what the academy awards have to say (which is always a slippery slope), Forrest Gump is apparently better than Pulp Fiction.

After reading this post, maybe this would better go under the title 'most harmful movies' because I can certainly see how Forrest Gump can be easily enjoyed if watched for only the sake of enjoyment.

actually i didnt enjoy it, but it was an arrogant, sarcastic movie about the world going crazy around a man who didnt understand what was going on just as it was supposed to be, so based on success in terms of directing and critical review it isn't necessarily a "worst movie". but that is only if your basing the decision on the the terms i set and is definitely a "worst" movie based on yours. This is clearly an opinion oriented thread and i definitely don't like Forest Gump or the political viewpoint in which the setting was produced.

so based on success in terms of directing and critical review it isn't necessarily a "worst movie"

Yes. Absolutely correct. I just see 'worst movie' and sometimes my most 'hated' somehow has to qualify. In reality they shouldn't qualify as such. I hate Forrest Gump but it can easily be seen as something outside of what one might call 'the worst' especially based on what criteria you've given.

That said, I have to agree with the comments on 'the core' back there. Wow, that was one horrendous piece of film making.