Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Worst Movies You Have Seen

1. Jul 9, 2009 #1
    Well we have talked about good movies several times.

Now lets talk about the bad ones.

I recently rewatched Johnny Mnemonic and I could not believe I did not remember how bad it was.

My friend remembered watching this movie when he was a kid and though it would be great to watch it again. It turned out to be absolutely horrible. It was called Ice Pirates.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2009 #2
    Only once in the theater I felt like leaving. It was Human Nature
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Nature_(film [Broken])
    Very specifically the scene when she is running naked in the fields and singing with the birds, I thought the burlesque was too much for me to take.

On a totally different note, the movie I saw where most people left was Irréversible
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irréversible
    The "soundtrack" plus the few first scenes are way harder than the rest of the movie.

Also, I do not expect many have seen "Baise-moi", and I would not advise to do so. The only reason we decided to go was that, before it aired publicly, at the time many papers wrote about it in France. Few days after being released it was canceled from theaters, because it was too violent and hard, and re-classified as X-rated... I swear this is the only X-rated movie I ever saw entirely, but since it was not rated such at the time I saw it, maybe it does not count.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Jul 9, 2009 #3
    The Spirit was a complete abomination. It had some great names from 300, Sin City, and The Matrix trilogy. Yet the movie was slow, Cinematography was unimpressive, and the acting was horrid. I want to know who I can contact about getting my money back and my wasted time.

5. Jul 9, 2009 #4
    Oh boy, there are so many, but "Anaconda" - (1997) (Jon Voight, Ice Cube, Jennifer Lopez) certainly is in the top five.

Horrendous.

6. Jul 9, 2009 #5

Danger

Gold Member

About 20 years ago, my friends and I decided to have a 'schlock night'; ie: rent the worst possible movies, plus a couple of good ones to make up for it. We picked up 'Attack of the Killer Tomatoes', 'Toxic Avenger', and 'Amazon Women on the Moon' as the baddies. We loved all of them. The one that was supposed to be good turned out to be so horrible that we had to turn it off after the first 10 minutes. It was 'Lost in America' with Albert Brooks and the actress who played the stewardess in 'Airplane' (I can't recall her name). Anyone who thinks that 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' is the worst movie in history obviously never saw this stinker.

7. Jul 9, 2009 #6
    The bad far, far outnumber the good in movies. It's way easier to single out for naming the impressive ones.

But, first one that springs to mind is Roadhouse (1989) with Patrick Swayze. It is bad beyond bad. And so bad, that it actually starts moving into the "it's good because it's so bad" category.

8. Jul 9, 2009 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Movies too bad to be missed:

Incubus, with William Shatner, in Esperanto
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtUi1WfA024

And, The Terror of Tiny Town - a western with an all-midget cast [and a very strange intro].
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv_KZDl5CLw

9. Jul 9, 2009 #8
    Jumper.

10. Jul 9, 2009 #9
    Okay, Ivan, Terror in Tiny Town is a classic!

11. Jul 9, 2009 #10

sas3

Gold Member

"Liquid Sky" had to be the worst movie I have ever seen.

Blenton; What was wrong with Jumper? (I liked it)

12. Jul 9, 2009 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Samuel L Jackson was in it and it STILL didn't rock my face off and leave me crying for me. Thus, terrible movie.

Hitman sucked
    Punisher warzone sucked
    The Promotion sucked

And these movies are comedies/action movies so when I say they suck, it's as if the director spit on a piece of paper and called it a script.

13. Jul 9, 2009 #12

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Finally I know how Kia looks :wink:

14. Jul 9, 2009 #13

Pythagorean

Gold Member

Lawnmower Man. I remember it being such an awesome movie some 16 years ago. I watched it a couple years ago and was completely disappointed.

Other than that, I shut them off ten minutes in and never remember their names.

15. Jul 9, 2009 #14
    Lawnmower man haunts my subconscious to this very day.

Oh and jumper... terrible, terrible plot - it was all over the place. Too many smart arse remarks, a whole theme of "wow look how cool i am, i can teleport" and to top it off camera work that made my head spin.

16. Jul 9, 2009 #15

Pythagorean

Gold Member

yeah Jumper's story line was ridiculous. The canon was neat though, I think they could have done something cool with it.

17. Jul 9, 2009 #16
    Jumper was kinda entertaining. One thing I didn't like about it that I keep remembering was that the way she "figured out" he in the banking business was because he failed algebra. Wow, so you can't LEARN algebra? And everyone who's in the banking business, being an ambiguous job description as it is, has to know algebra?

There are some movies that are so bad, it would be hard to convince me that they didn't TRY to make it bad. My friend wanted me to see Crank 2 with him and I'm ashamed I can say I've seen that movie. Even for a movie that's obviously supposed to be stupid, it just took stupid to a whole new level. To a point where it doesn't even make sense anymore. Some movies are so bad, you almost don't even want to try to explain how bad they are, because you feel like your words won't do justice to just how bad it is. Sometimes it feels like they should invent new words to explain how bad something is, because there's no words that currently exist that can really convey the message good enough.

18. Jul 9, 2009 #17
    I have attempted to watch one of the Uwe Boll's movies, didn't succeed fully, and will not try to watch a second one.

Please, sign: Stop Dr. Uwe Boll Petition

19. Jul 9, 2009 #18
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0349710/" [Broken]

You know when you have some kind of food poisoning and you know you will eventually vomit and it will ultimately help....but its just a matter of time and you must suffer until that moment? Put on this movie. If you dont have a bucket in front of you at the time (and I suggest you have several), your living room will be a sea of vomit by the end of this film.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  20. Jul 9, 2009 #19

turbo

Gold Member

Swimming Pool was a real stinker.

21. Jul 9, 2009 #20

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

<hypnosis voice> there were never any sequels to the matrix .... or prequels to Star Wars ....</hypnosis voice>

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook