The Most Annoying Music To Rip Your Hair Out To

In summary: Not all threads need to be constructive. So tell me your worst, most annoying music out there. What tune makes you rip your hair out??In summary, some tunes make people really angry and frustrated. Rebecca Black's "Friday" is one example. Another is "Macarthur Park" by the Chantels. Anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber is pretty bad, and Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back" is a terrible song.
PAllen said:
Well, I love Pink Floyd. I have almost all of their albums in vinyl. Of course, it's inevitable the someone's worst is someone else's fave.

I am joking... A lifelong fan of progressive and psychedelic rock in general and Pink Floyd in particular...
What I really can't stand is rap (or crap)... A gabby pseudo-music...
Not consensual, I'm afraid...

Science news on Phys.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLQI8X2R6Y

Pure noise pollution ...

Last edited by a moderator:
(These three should have known when to quit.)
In general, some of the worst music I feel is that begins
relatively well, but way overstays itself by being so
repetitious and needlessly lengthy (particularly in vocals) are:

Grank Funk Railroad - - - - "I'm Your Captain"

The Beatles - - - - "Hey Jude" (a vocal phrase is repeated
consecutively about 23 times)

The Police - - - - at least one of their songs is very repetitive
vocally at its end, but I don't know the song's title

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Waitresses - - - - "I Know What Boys Like"

checkitagain said:
(These three should have known when to quit.)
In general, some of the worst music I feel is that begins
relatively well, but way overstays itself by being so
repetitious and needlessly lengthy (particularly in vocals) are:

Grank Funk Railroad - - - - "I'm Your Captain"

The Beatles - - - - "Hey Jude" (a vocal phrase is repeated
consecutively about 23 times)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Waitresses - - - - "I Know What Boys Like"

Whenever talking about repetitive lyrics definitely we have to meantion Coldplay's Paradise.

No guys its not,

"PARA - PARA - PARADISE" * How long does it take to fill a track.

Unless you have some sort of weird speech impediment or stutter.

Lady Gaga

Motley Crue

Warrant

Def Leppard

Poison

basically any 80's glam/butt rock

Number one song in America right now...

I can't say I'm a big fan of Gregorian Chants...

Derrezed said:
Number one song in America right now...

Yeah, that wasn't very enjoyable at all.

chiro said:
Anything by Yoko Ono.
I forgot about her. Does it get any worse?

ThomasT said:
I forgot about her. Does it get any worse?

If Yoko Ono accompanied Gregorian chants, I think it would be worse.

lisab said:
If Yoko Ono accompanied Gregorian chants, I think it would be worse.
Yeah, that would be really annoying.

By the way, this is, potentially, a great thread. There should be more negative threads like this, imho.

I must be pretty dumb with jazz music. I get very annoyed by all the Coltrane saxophone music.

jobyts said:
I must be pretty dumb with jazz music. I get very annoyed by all the Coltrane saxophone music.

Music is like foreign languages... If you don't understand them, you can't appreciate their beauty... There's a kind of cerebral turn in the history and aesthetics of jazz that could be a bit difficult to follow... I admit it...
Going beyond harmony is tricky but necessary... Take any tune you want and play it many times... After a while, you will feel the need to switch notes, play them in different tones and rythms... The outcome is the deconstruction of melody...
John Coltrane is a genius in that...

Continuing with repetitiveness of vocals:

Foreigner - - - - "Jukebox Hero"

Continuing with repetitiveness - another example that started out cute enough, then totally died from repetitions:

Rihanna - We Ride

House music, Four on the Floor, "Moves Like Jagger"

checkitagain said:

this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T1c7GkzRQQ

My single least favorite song is Pitbulls "Tonight I'm ****** You". Srsly.

SW VandeCarr said:
House music, Four on the Floor, "Moves Like Jagger"

Ugh, it's everywhere...and it's horrible!

AlephZero said:
Everything by Andrew Lloyd Webber. (I mean his entire output, I don't know or care if he ever wrote a song called "Everything").

Blasphemy! JC Superstar is awesome (but yeah, the rest pretty much suck).

For repetitiveness, Garth Brooks: Friends in Low Places (and way overdone at karaoke)
For the lyrics that make you more stupid every time you hear them, Carrie Underwood: When He Cheats (seriously, the girl in the song is really dumb to leave evidence of the crime!)
For pure suckitude, almost anything by Toby Keith (OK, it may be because I can't stand the guy, so I might be a little biased)

And for those that vote for Lady Gaga, remember, if it inspires an awesome parody, it's not so bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWxTGJ3TK1U

Beyonce's songs pretty much annoy me...some song about "swagu" or some other nonsense "we like to party" etc. Or the other "to the left to the left, you must not know 'bout me" nonsense. And I pretty much do not like country music save that one about digging the key "into the side of his pretty little souped up 4WD." I also cannot stand calypso. I pretty much like everything else including gamelan which many other people I know cannot tolerate. But to me it is just amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m5CIcbytfM

Lady Gaga can't sing and she can't play the piano for crap. She can wear outrageous clothing and odd facial appliances, but she is not a musician. Yeah, Elton John wore some pretty ridiculous stuff (including over-the-top glasses) but he can play piano and sing with the best of 'em.

turbo said:
Lady Gaga can't sing and she can't play the piano for crap. She can wear outrageous clothing and odd facial appliances, but she is not a musician. Yeah, Elton John wore some pretty ridiculous stuff (including over-the-top glasses) but he can play piano and sing with the best of 'em.

She's actually quite talented.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=2877800&postcount=22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM

Evo said:
She's actually quite talented.

I like her adult voice more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R_OHpMbQVM

I find her Lady Gaga personna obnoxious and corny and I don't care for her music, but it's wrong to say that she doesn't have talent.

You have to admit that the fake identity has made her a very rich woman.

Ah yes, Lady Gaga. Definitely talented. Imo, wrt her music, in a way that millions of other American wannabes are. But she's extremely confident and performs almost naked, and apparently there's BIG market for that.

As for her music ... I think I'd rather be listening to warbling finches (and they really annoy me). But she's definitely, imho, not as bad as Yoko Ono.

Yah, well, the problem with all this mass produced music is that it's mostly all pretty good, but it all lacks authenticity. Probably a side effect of professionalization and digitalization of the industry - too much plastic.

MarcoD said:
Yah, well, the problem with all this mass produced music is that it's mostly all pretty good, but it all lacks authenticity. Probably a side effect of professionalization and digitalization of the industry - too much plastic.
It's all pretty bland, IMO. No character. Gaga is horrible. Contrast her "talent" with David Crosby, Steven Stills, Jim Messina, Hendrix, and a million other performers from the 60's and 70's. No contest. Steve Winwood was recording when he was 14 or so. None of those musicians had to wear outrageous costumes or face-makeup/accouterments to get attention. Just turn on the radio and appreciate.

MarcoD said:
I totally agree with what I take to be the essence or your statement. The problem with pop music is much the same as it's always been. That is, it's more about the image of the performer and not so much about the music.

So, let me expand on my list of annoying music. Virtually all pop music. It can be somewhat pleasing, and I actually like some of it, but, bottom line, it's formulaic, not particularly inventive, and there are virtually millions of people in the world who can do it as well, or better than, the pop idols.

We should reflect on the "popularity" of Kiss. Platform shoes, glittery costumes, and face-paint can't substitute for talent, but that's what drove their commercial success.

turbo said:
It's all pretty bland, IMO. No character. Gaga is horrible. Contrast her "talent" with David Crosby, Steven Stills, Jim Messina, Hendrix, and a million other performers from the 60's and 70's. No contest. Steve Winwood was recording when he was 14 or so. None of those musicians had to wear outrageous costumes or face-makeup/accouterments to get attention. Just turn on the radio and appreciate.
Agree totally. But it does take a little effort to find radio stations that play good stuff. And I'm not necessarily talking about old stuff -- although competing with the originality of the stuff of the 60's and 70's is a tall order.