Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Would a taser work on a zombie?

1. Oct 18, 2009 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I say no, but it would probably deter a wolfman or a vampire.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2009 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Could you taser it's head?

4. Oct 18, 2009 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Probably. If you snuck up behind it.

5. Oct 18, 2009 #4
    Wouldn't it still make the muscles contract?

6. Oct 18, 2009 #5
    That's what I'm thinking... I'm starting to doubt that thought since it would be all dried up and nutrient depleted which is required for the muscles to contract no? If it was powerfull enough though I'm sure it would do something...

7. Oct 18, 2009 #6

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They use tasers in the Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii so yes, they do

8. Oct 18, 2009 #7

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I agree. Zombies, like creationists, are immune to logic, evidence, and electroshock therapy.

9. Oct 18, 2009 #8
    You've tried electroshock therapy on creationists? :wink:

I don't think a taser would work on a zombie. Wouldn't moisture in a living human help to conduct the electricity? And aren't zombies moistureless?

10. Oct 18, 2009 #9
    This is just silly. Zombies, unlike Frankensteins are not in need of reanimation. Zombies need moisturizing creams and make-over.

11. Oct 18, 2009 #10

Reanimation? I thought the purpose of a taser was to incapacitate the receiver.

12. Oct 19, 2009 #11

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I imagine that it depends on how the zombie was created. One that's held together and animated by pure magic probably wouldn't be bothered much by a taser.

13. Oct 19, 2009 #12
    I don't think so. Zombies are people too! I could be wrong. I think Math Is Hard simply wants to help enrich their life style. Table manner training was my next idea. Have any ideas?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  14. Oct 19, 2009 #13
    Well that depends on if the zombie used to be a cop. If it was, then that means he has special immunity! :smile:

15. Oct 19, 2009 #14
    If you're looking for a scientific answer, well that depends on if the zombie has a neuromuscular system, because it works by disrupting that system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TASER

They're interesting, I bought one of those self-defense C2 TASERS with a laser that shoots barbed darts from TASER International. http://www.taser.com/Pages/consumer.aspx [Broken]

It came with a target/basic training CD. It's thrilling to shoot at the target, although expensive. Seeing and hearing the electricity move across the target reminds me of fireworks. They also used to sell some that looked like leopard skin and other fashions, meant to appeal to women, plus one with a MP3 player, but I don't know what happened.

http://www.designnews.com/photo/63857-CA6517815_A.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  16. Oct 19, 2009 #15
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  17. Oct 19, 2009 #16

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, now that I think of it, it's so obvious how it would work!

You'd taser the first zombie, and he'd go down no problem. You get his next 4 or 5 buddies in rapid succession. Then all of them rise back up at the same time continuing their pursuit (and now that much closer to you!).

18. Oct 19, 2009 #17
    You know, we are all kind of screwed now that Zombies can run.

19. Oct 19, 2009 #18

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Zombies can do anything by lack of counterexample. All zombies can run is a vacuously true statement.

When we discover what zombies can't do is when we're in trouble

20. Oct 19, 2009 #19
    Unrelated, but I've been thinking of getting this tee for Halloween. If only they offered it in a girl-cut, it'd be a done deal already:

il_fullxfull.95503029.jpg

21. Oct 19, 2009 #20
    OK OK so they can run but do they have a sense of humor? :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook