Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Would it be geeky

1. Dec 15, 2011 #1
    If I bought a bunch of custom pressed T-shirts that had the Wikipedia logo, Intel logo, Star Trek Klingon insignia, and OpenGL logo on them? All of the shirts base color would be white except for the Klingon shirt which would probably be brown or grey.

Just curious...

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2011 #2
    Well, yes, of course it would be geeky, but not in a bad way.

Out of curiosity, why the Intel logo? They make IC's for personal computers, but there are hundreds of IC makers in hundreds of different markers. What makes Intel special?

4. Dec 15, 2011 #3
    I have used Intel's technology (particularly processors) a lot over the years, and have grown accustomed to it. I'm a natural supporter. Of course, like you said, there are plenty of IC companies to choose from, so I'm not particularly attached to any particular one.

5. Dec 15, 2011 #4

Danger

Gold Member

If you have to ask, the answer is evident.

6. Dec 15, 2011 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Those T-shirts would label you as a computer geek, which would be bad.

These would label you as a nerd, which would be good.

t005art.jpg

37828754v19_460x460_Front_Color-Black.jpg

84656690v42_150x150_Front_Color-Navy.jpg

http://www2.discoverncc.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6105&g2_serialNumber=2 [Broken]
    (If you have good hair, you can get away with wearing anything.)

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  7. Dec 15, 2011 #6
    Is it just me, or does that last pic not make much sense. I get that it's supposed to be Seniors 2009, but the integral lacks a differential, and the upper limit of infinity doesn't fit in at all. Plus, the obscuring the 2009 into a limit is sort of pointless considering they put 2009 right in the limit!

8. Dec 15, 2011 #7

Danger

Gold Member

And if not, you can post your picture on PF. :eek:
    Combed your hair with a helicopter?

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook