Would someone me out with this question?

• Thread starter yabadabado111
  • Start date
In summary, the question is asking about the visibility of an object based on how light is reflected off of it. The two options are unevenly reflected and evenly reflected. The answer is unevenly reflected because a rough surface scatters light in different directions, making the object visible, while a smooth surface concentrates light, making the object less visible.
yabadabado111
Would someone please help me out with this question?

You can see an object when the light hitting it is?

Unevenly reflected

Evenly reflected

I know it's not the other two(absorbed or transmitted), but I am stumped between these two.
I know it's reflected, but some sources say each. :smile:Nevermind, I think it is Unevenly reflected

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
A rough surface is uneven - lots of little surfaces pointing in all different directions. A smooth surface have lots of small surfaces pointing mostly in the same direction - very little protrusions or indentations. Smooth surfaces concentrate light while rough surfaces scatter incoming light in different directions.

I would say that the correct answer is actually "Evenly reflected." When light hits an object, it can be either reflected, absorbed, or transmitted. In the case of reflection, the light is bouncing off the surface of the object. When the surface is even and smooth, the light is reflected evenly, allowing us to see the object clearly. However, if the surface is uneven, the light can be scattered in different directions, making it difficult to see the object clearly. Therefore, an object is visible to us when the light hitting it is evenly reflected.

1. Can you help me figure out how to ask someone out?

As a scientist, I am not trained in matters of dating and relationships. However, there are many resources available such as books, articles, and even dating coaches that can provide guidance on how to ask someone out. It's important to remember that every situation is unique and what works for one person may not work for another.

2. What are some tips for asking someone out?

It's always a good idea to be confident and direct when asking someone out. Make sure to choose an appropriate setting and be considerate of the other person's feelings. Be genuine and honest about your intentions and be prepared to handle rejection gracefully.

3. How do I know if someone is interested in me before asking them out?

Body language can be a good indicator of someone's interest in you. For example, if they maintain eye contact, stand or sit close to you, or touch you frequently, these can be signs that they are interested. However, the only way to know for sure is to communicate directly with the person and ask them out.

4. What if someone says no when I ask them out?

Rejection is a natural part of life and it's important to not take it personally. Remember that someone's decision to not go out with you does not define your worth as a person. It's important to respect their decision and move on gracefully.

5. Is it okay to ask someone out via text or social media?

While technology has made it easier to communicate with others, it's generally considered more respectful to ask someone out in person or over the phone. This shows that you are willing to put in effort and are sincere in your intentions. However, if you are unable to see the person in person, a heartfelt and genuine message can also be acceptable.