Get Smart: The Complete Series on Sale Now at Best Buy

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
In summary, I watched the entire "Get Smart" TV series DVD set in one sitting. I laughed at the "Cone of Silence" gag every time and loved the show.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I watched the entire "Get Smart" TV series DVD set in one sitting?

OK... would you believe the entire first season?

How about a few scenes from a couple of randomly-chosen episodes?

How about a preview trailer from YouTube? :uhh:

Actually, I'm on my way to Best Buy in a few minutes to pick up the copy that I ordered online. They have it on sale this week, cheaper than Amazon.

Would you believe I'm old enough to have watched this show when it first ran, when I was a kid, and I still remember the punchlines after 40+ years? :blushing:

Physics news on Phys.org
I missed the first and second season, but was able to see the subsequent original programs.

jtbell said:
I watched the entire "Get Smart" TV series DVD set in one sitting?

OK... would you believe the entire first season?

How about a few scenes from a couple of randomly-chosen episodes?

How about a preview trailer from YouTube? :uhh:

Actually, I'm on my way to Best Buy in a few minutes to pick up the copy that I ordered online. They have it on sale this week, cheaper than Amazon.

Would you believe I'm old enough to have watched this show when it first ran, when I was a kid, and I still remember the punchlines after 40+ years? :blushing:

That is the second longest digresssion I've ever seen.

I loved that show! Hymie and Siegfried were my favorites. And most of all... whoops, excuse me while I answer my shoe.

Wow! According to wiki...

On February 17, 2002, the prop shoe phone used by agent Maxwell Smart was included in a display entitled "Spies: Secrets from the CIA, KGB and Hollywood", a collection of real and fictional spy gear that exhibited at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Smart

jtbell said:
Would you believe that I laughed at that stupid "Cone of Silence" gag every time?

I loved the "Cone of Silence".

Me too, Turbo.

turbo-1 said:
Would you believe that I laughed at that stupid "Cone of Silence" gag every time?
Eh? :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLZKEre3yJ0

I watched the first two episodes tonight, and I felt myself regressing back to an 11-year-old. :eek:

The running gag in the second episode with the Chinese villain "The Claw" would certainly be considered politically incorrect nowadays. In his stereotypical Chinese accent, it always comes out as "The Craw." Every time Max refers to him as "The Craw", he corrects Max exasperatedly, "No, no, not 'The Craw'! It's 'THE CRAW'!"

The show surely looks a lot better on the DVDs than it ever did on our then-new color TV.

turbo-1 said:

The Bone of Milan? What's that? :confused:

I can hardly wait to see Hymie the robot again. "Kill the lights, Hymie!" (bang!)

Last edited:

1. What is "Get Smart: The Complete Series on Sale Now at Best Buy"?

"Get Smart: The Complete Series on Sale Now at Best Buy" is a DVD set that includes all 138 episodes of the classic 1960s spy comedy television series, "Get Smart". The set also includes bonus features such as interviews, bloopers, and behind-the-scenes footage.

2. How much does the "Get Smart: The Complete Series on Sale Now at Best Buy" DVD set cost?

The price of the "Get Smart: The Complete Series on Sale Now at Best Buy" DVD set varies, but it can typically be found for around $100. However, Best Buy occasionally offers discounts and promotions on this product.

3. Is "Get Smart: The Complete Series on Sale Now at Best Buy" available in other formats?

Yes, "Get Smart: The Complete Series on Sale Now at Best Buy" is also available on Blu-ray and for digital download. However, the DVD set is currently on sale at Best Buy and may be a more affordable option for those looking to purchase the series.

4. Who stars in "Get Smart"?

The lead roles in "Get Smart" are played by Don Adams as Maxwell Smart (Agent 86) and Barbara Feldon as Agent 99. Other notable actors in the series include Edward Platt as Chief, Robert Karvelas as Larrabee, and Dick Gautier as Hymie the Robot.

5. Is "Get Smart" appropriate for all ages?

The "Get Smart" series is generally considered family-friendly and appropriate for all ages. However, there may be some mild language and comedic violence that some parents may want to be aware of before showing it to younger children.