Would you believe

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
jtbell
Mentor
I watched the entire "Get Smart" TV series DVD set in one sitting?

OK... would you believe the entire first season?

How about a few scenes from a couple of randomly-chosen episodes?

How about a preview trailer from YouTube? :uhh:

Actually, I'm on my way to Best Buy in a few minutes to pick up the copy that I ordered online. They have it on sale this week, cheaper than Amazon.

Would you believe I'm old enough to have watched this show when it first ran, when I was a kid, and I still remember the punchlines after 40+ years? :blushing:

Answers and Replies

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I missed the first and second season, but was able to see the subsequent original programs.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I watched the entire "Get Smart" TV series DVD set in one sitting?

OK... would you believe the entire first season?

How about a few scenes from a couple of randomly-chosen episodes?

How about a preview trailer from YouTube? :uhh:

Actually, I'm on my way to Best Buy in a few minutes to pick up the copy that I ordered online. They have it on sale this week, cheaper than Amazon.

Would you believe I'm old enough to have watched this show when it first ran, when I was a kid, and I still remember the punchlines after 40+ years? :blushing:
That is the second longest digresssion I've ever seen.

I loved that show! Hymie and Siegfried were my favorites. And most of all... whoops, excuse me while I answer my shoe.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wow! According to wiki...

On February 17, 2002, the prop shoe phone used by agent Maxwell Smart was included in a display entitled "Spies: Secrets from the CIA, KGB and Hollywood", a collection of real and fictional spy gear that exhibited at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Smart

turbo
Gold Member
Would you believe that I laughed at that stupid "Cone of Silence" gag every time?

Evo
Mentor
I loved the "Cone of Silence".

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Me too, Turbo.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Would you believe that I laughed at that stupid "Cone of Silence" gag every time?
Eh? :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLZKEre3yJ0

jtbell
Mentor
I watched the first two episodes tonight, and I felt myself regressing back to an 11-year-old. :eek:

The running gag in the second episode with the Chinese villain "The Claw" would certainly be considered politically incorrect nowadays. In his stereotypical Chinese accent, it always comes out as "The Craw." Every time Max refers to him as "The Craw", he corrects Max exasperatedly, "No, no, not 'The Craw'! It's 'THE CRAW'!"

The show surely looks a lot better on the DVDs than it ever did on our then-new color TV.

turbo-1 said:
The Bone of Milan? What's that? :confused:

I can hardly wait to see Hymie the robot again. "Kill the lights, Hymie!" (bang!)

Last edited: