Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Would you buy from me?

1. Sep 12, 2005 #1
    hello! I've put together this video audition in the hope of being hired by QVC. I've tried to show that I can make even a paper ring desirable to viewers! What do you think, would you buy from me? (please note i styled myself after Paul Lavers, the king of shopping tv)

video here - http://rapidshare.de/files/5032657/plavers.wmv.html
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2005 #2

There's no nice way to put it so I guess I'll just say it...

I didn't like it and I wouldn't buy from you....sorry mate...maybe other people will like your preformance more. Best of luck to you...
  4. Sep 12, 2005 #3
    Paul Lavers is over rated.
  5. Sep 12, 2005 #4
    what didn't you like? the ring or me??? :confused: :yuck:
  6. Sep 12, 2005 #5
    They might think you're making a mockery out of it.
  7. Sep 12, 2005 #6
    It's ok I suppose.... I would never buy a paper ring though.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  8. Sep 12, 2005 #7

Gold Member

I don't have a chance to watch it now. I'll see it when I get home :smile:
  9. Sep 12, 2005 #8
    I think it's hard to determine whether or not I would buy from you because the product (paper ring) doesn't exactly interest me. And if the product doesn't interest me, I won't buy it at all, regardless of who the salesperson is! That's just my opinion.
  10. Sep 12, 2005 #9

Gold Member

Ok...let me dl it...

it's opening...

and taking forever...

okay... watched it. and I must say, it's better than your other performances. The face you made at the end was no good tho. funny :smile:
  11. Sep 12, 2005 #10
    My personal opinion is that you need to practice, and watch some more qvc. The people on these shows are smooth and great liars, skills I would, personally, love to acquire.
  12. Sep 13, 2005 #11

WELL, I LIKED IT, omega2. I thought you did a very good job. It does need some practice, and I suggest being louder and more exaggerated in your hand gestures (which you didn't exhibit as much, also use both hands). :smile:

I wouldn't buy from you though.
  13. Sep 13, 2005 #12
    for fear it might get wet?

ok, would a wooden ring interest you?

really? i thought Dr Greenstone was unbeatable! thanks for the feedback!! :biggrin:

then you should commend me for my transparency!

Mk, thanks for your comment, it brought great delight to me. :approve:
  14. Sep 13, 2005 #13

Gold Member

Dr. Greenstone was....okay. I really liked this one. If I ususally bought from QVC, I would've bought from you (for your acting, not the product) maybe if it was a btter product

good luck
  15. Sep 13, 2005 #14
    Doctor greenstone is the best characterised of the lot i thought! :devil: the demented jewish plastic surgeon! i pretend to be him in most of the videos!

this qvc thing was based on paul lavers, see here - http://www.paullavers.com/
  16. Sep 13, 2005 #15
  17. Sep 13, 2005 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I liked the QVC spoof, not quite as much as Dr. Greenstone, though. I had trouble with the volume on both. It's sometimes hard to make out the words.
  18. Sep 13, 2005 #17
    thanks for the feedback math is hard, i value comments such as yours - it's treasure to me! :blushing:
  19. Sep 13, 2005 #18

Gold Member

Let me dl it...

these movies dl slow.....
  20. Sep 13, 2005 #19

Gold Member

okay. You did a much better Job on the frak one (if your were the guy talking, not the freak) :biggrin: It wouldv'e been better, but The camera angles were no good. not your fault tho :smile:
  21. Sep 13, 2005 #20
    thanks for watching yomamma! also, thanks for depositing your thoughts here as i gather them up mentally and reflect on them. in this case, i'm reflecting hAppy thoughts :biggrin:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?