Would you buy from me?

• Thread starter omega2
  • Start date
omega2

Main Question or Discussion Point

hello! I've put together this video audition in the hope of being hired by QVC. I've tried to show that I can make even a paper ring desirable to viewers! What do you think, would you buy from me? (please note i styled myself after Paul Lavers, the king of shopping tv)

video here - http://rapidshare.de/files/5032657/plavers.wmv.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Ummmm....

There's no nice way to put it so I guess I'll just say it...

I didn't like it and I wouldn't buy from you....sorry mate...maybe other people will like your preformance more. Best of luck to you...

Paul Lavers is over rated.

omega2
what didn't you like? the ring or me??? :confused: :yuck:

They might think you're making a mockery out of it.

It's ok I suppose.... I would never buy a paper ring though.

Last edited:
JamesU
Gold Member
I don't have a chance to watch it now. I'll see it when I get home :smile:

I think it's hard to determine whether or not I would buy from you because the product (paper ring) doesn't exactly interest me. And if the product doesn't interest me, I won't buy it at all, regardless of who the salesperson is! That's just my opinion.

JamesU
Gold Member
Ok...let me dl it...

it's opening...

and taking forever...

okay... watched it. and I must say, it's better than your other performances. The face you made at the end was no good tho. funny :smile:

My personal opinion is that you need to practice, and watch some more qvc. The people on these shows are smooth and great liars, skills I would, personally, love to acquire.

Mk
WELL, I LIKED IT, omega2. I thought you did a very good job. It does need some practice, and I suggest being louder and more exaggerated in your hand gestures (which you didn't exhibit as much, also use both hands). :smile:

I wouldn't buy from you though.

omega2
It's ok I suppose.... I would never buy a paper ring though.
for fear it might get wet?

I think it's hard to determine whether or not I would buy from you because the product (paper ring) doesn't exactly interest me.
ok, would a wooden ring interest you?

watched it. and I must say, it's better than your other performances.
really? i thought Dr Greenstone was unbeatable! thanks for the feedback!! :biggrin:

people on these shows are smooth and great liars,
then you should commend me for my transparency!

Mk, thanks for your comment, it brought great delight to me. :approve:

JamesU
Gold Member
Dr. Greenstone was....okay. I really liked this one. If I ususally bought from QVC, I would've bought from you (for your acting, not the product) maybe if it was a btter product

good luck

omega2
Doctor greenstone is the best characterised of the lot i thought! :devil: the demented jewish plastic surgeon! i pretend to be him in most of the videos!

this qvc thing was based on paul lavers, see here - http://www.paullavers.com/

omega2
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I liked the QVC spoof, not quite as much as Dr. Greenstone, though. I had trouble with the volume on both. It's sometimes hard to make out the words.

omega2
thanks for the feedback math is hard, i value comments such as yours - it's treasure to me! :blushing:

JamesU
Gold Member
Let me dl it...

these movies dl slow.....

JamesU
Gold Member
okay. You did a much better Job on the frak one (if your were the guy talking, not the freak) :biggrin: It wouldv'e been better, but The camera angles were no good. not your fault tho :smile:

omega2
thanks for watching yomamma! also, thanks for depositing your thoughts here as i gather them up mentally and reflect on them. in this case, i'm reflecting hAppy thoughts :biggrin:

omega2
hello! I've made this video and it's my intent to demonstrate how adept i am at the genre of farce. now, if this goes correctly you should get bellyache with all the laughing it'll spark off

video here - http://rapidshare.de/files/5106874/farce.wmv

omega2 said:
hello! I've made this video and it's my intent to demonstrate how adept i am at the genre of farce. now, if this goes correctly you should get bellyache with all the laughing it'll spark off

video here - http://rapidshare.de/files/5106874/farce.wmv
Actually that was pretty good.....

I didn't get a bellyache but I did chuckle...

JamesU
Gold Member
Yeah, alot better :smile: who does your camera work? their being kind of sloppy

omega2
Actually that was pretty good.....
mmmm....and i must say, yours was a pretty good post :tongue2:

Yeah, alot better
YES! YEESSS! YEEESSSS!!!! I MADE A GOOD ONE

sorry about that excitement, but it doesn't happen often (me make a good one)

You might want to talk slightly louder, but that's my only complaint. That was much better :approve: