Would You Buy from Me? A QVC Audition by the King of Shopping TV

• Thread starter omega2
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involves several individuals providing feedback on a video audition for QVC. The audition features a performance attempting to make a paper ring desirable to viewers, and there are discussions about the quality of the performance and suggestions for improvement. Another video is mentioned, which is a spoof of QVC and is received positively by one of the individuals. Finally, a video showcasing the individual's skills in farce is shared and receives positive feedback. Some technical issues with the videos are also mentioned.
omega2
hello! I've put together this video audition in the hope of being hired by QVC. I've tried to show that I can make even a paper ring desirable to viewers! What do you think, would you buy from me? (please note i styled myself after Paul Lavers, the king of shopping tv)

video here - http://rapidshare.de/files/5032657/plavers.wmv.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ummmm...

There's no nice way to put it so I guess I'll just say it...

I didn't like it and I wouldn't buy from you...sorry mate...maybe other people will like your preformance more. Best of luck to you...

Paul Lavers is over rated.

what didn't you like? the ring or me? :confused: :yuck:

They might think you're making a mockery out of it.

It's ok I suppose... I would never buy a paper ring though.

Last edited:
I don't have a chance to watch it now. I'll see it when I get home :smile:

I think it's hard to determine whether or not I would buy from you because the product (paper ring) doesn't exactly interest me. And if the product doesn't interest me, I won't buy it at all, regardless of who the salesperson is! That's just my opinion.

Ok...let me dl it...

it's opening...

and taking forever...

okay... watched it. and I must say, it's better than your other performances. The face you made at the end was no good tho. funny :smile:

My personal opinion is that you need to practice, and watch some more qvc. The people on these shows are smooth and great liars, skills I would, personally, love to acquire.

WELL, I LIKED IT, omega2. I thought you did a very good job. It does need some practice, and I suggest being louder and more exaggerated in your hand gestures (which you didn't exhibit as much, also use both hands). :smile:

I wouldn't buy from you though.

It's ok I suppose... I would never buy a paper ring though.

for fear it might get wet?

I think it's hard to determine whether or not I would buy from you because the product (paper ring) doesn't exactly interest me.

ok, would a wooden ring interest you?

watched it. and I must say, it's better than your other performances.

really? i thought Dr Greenstone was unbeatable! thanks for the feedback! :biggrin:

people on these shows are smooth and great liars,

then you should commend me for my transparency!

Mk, thanks for your comment, it brought great delight to me. :approve:

Dr. Greenstone was...okay. I really liked this one. If I ususally bought from QVC, I would've bought from you (for your acting, not the product) maybe if it was a btter product

good luck

Doctor greenstone is the best characterised of the lot i thought! :devil: the demented jewish plastic surgeon! i pretend to be him in most of the videos!

this qvc thing was based on paul lavers, see here - http://www.paullavers.com/

new video

hello! in this video I've tried to scare you! it's about a deeply unsettling freak. be warned, it's a hard piece to watch.

video here - http://rapidshare.de/files/5070373/freakk.wmv.html

I liked the QVC spoof, not quite as much as Dr. Greenstone, though. I had trouble with the volume on both. It's sometimes hard to make out the words.

thanks for the feedback math is hard, i value comments such as yours - it's treasure to me! :blushing:

Let me dl it...

these movies dl slow...

okay. You did a much better Job on the frak one (if your were the guy talking, not the freak) :biggrin: It wouldv'e been better, but The camera angles were no good. not your fault tho :smile:

thanks for watching yomamma! also, thanks for depositing your thoughts here as i gather them up mentally and reflect on them. in this case, I'm reflecting hAppy thoughts :biggrin:

hello! I've made this video and it's my intent to demonstrate how adept i am at the genre of farce. now, if this goes correctly you should get bellyache with all the laughing it'll spark off

video here - http://rapidshare.de/files/5106874/farce.wmv

omega2 said:
hello! I've made this video and it's my intent to demonstrate how adept i am at the genre of farce. now, if this goes correctly you should get bellyache with all the laughing it'll spark off

video here - http://rapidshare.de/files/5106874/farce.wmv

Actually that was pretty good...

I didn't get a bellyache but I did chuckle...

Yeah, a lot better :smile: who does your camera work? their being kind of sloppy

Actually that was pretty good...

mmmm...and i must say, yours was a pretty good post :tongue2:

Yeah, a lot better

YES! YEESSS! YEEESSSS! I MADE A GOOD ONE

sorry about that excitement, but it doesn't happen often (me make a good one)

You might want to talk slightly louder, but that's my only complaint. That was much better :approve:

I scoffed a bit. but that's about it.

Both of these videos show up awkwardly for me. They show up in these very strange colors. Let me see if I can get a screenshot.

1. How do I know if I can trust you as a seller on QVC?

As the King of Shopping TV, I have built a reputation for providing high-quality products and excellent customer service. I have a team of experts who carefully select and test each product before it is featured on QVC. Additionally, QVC has strict standards for their sellers, ensuring that only trustworthy and reputable sellers are featured on their platform.

2. What types of products do you sell on QVC?

I sell a wide variety of products on QVC, ranging from kitchen gadgets to beauty products to home decor. I am constantly on the lookout for unique and innovative products that will make your life easier and more enjoyable. I also work closely with QVC to ensure that all products meet their high standards of quality and value.

3. How can I be sure that the products you sell are worth the price?

I understand that as a consumer, you want to make sure you are getting your money's worth. That's why I personally test and use every product before featuring it on QVC. I also work closely with the manufacturers to negotiate the best prices for our customers. Additionally, QVC offers a 30-day money back guarantee, so you can try the product for yourself and see the value it brings to your life.

4. Can I purchase products from you outside of QVC?

At this time, all of my products are exclusively sold on QVC. This ensures that I can provide the best customer service and guarantee the quality and authenticity of each product. However, I am constantly looking to expand and may offer products on other platforms in the future.

5. How can I stay updated on new products and sales from your QVC line?

You can follow me on social media or sign up for my email newsletter to stay updated on all the latest products and promotions. QVC also has a newsletter that features all of their sellers, so you can stay informed about new products and deals from all your favorite sellers.