Would You Live Forever?

If you could Would you Live Forever

• Yes

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 41.2%

• Total voters
I'd like to remodelle my answer to "hell, yes"
this is because in the last week, i hav relaised how fun life is - and if i lived forever, i would be able to experience everything about this world, i would be able to master every musical instrument - learn every subject; learn about the planet and the 'great scheme of things' i'd be able to mee new and interesting people. but most of all, i'd be able to cash in big time on life time guarantees.

Galileo
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
But what if you would live forever and war breaks out. You get a bomb on your head and your body is scattered around the place.
There you are, eternally conscious but without any potency.

But seriously. I'd like to add a few hundred years to my life. I know I won't live long enough to know everything I want to know. Eternity is a bit long though.

Besides, to have no power of choice over your own life/existence places a big limitation on your freedom. After a few 1000 years, the human race will be gone. I'd get extremely lonely. No one around to talk to, no friends, no sex :surprised .

Oh yeah. Death for me baby.

Heh, I think that life will never get boring, I want to learn everything, theres so much I want to know. But at the same time, eventually I'll want to know what death is and maybe want to experience it.
I still think that if we ever get off this planet then life will become eternally more interesting, and if we find other intelligent life out there - even more so!

so many possibilities. history is not so repetative that I wouldn't want to be a part of it.

With the Universe flying apart faster and faster, and our sun having a finite lifetime it would get pretty horrible after a few billion years. floating through empty space no stars in view.

Thats not the part you should be worried about, its afterwards when the universe implodes on its self that you should be worried about.

I wish it would implode, then it might have a future. There's no future in constant expansion

I can't believe how many people are voting yes! I can only imagine that they have absolutely no comprehension of what "forever" means! :surprised

I wouldn't mind living for about 1000 years if I could do it in good health and on a planet where people can get along with each other and not try to push their way of life onto others.

Even a thousand years would be one hell of a long time, but I think I could get into that. I'd also like to share it with someone special who basically appreciates similar things that I do. It's not a lot of fun living life with no one to share it with. If I had to do it without a compatible partner I think I'd even pass on living for a full millennium.

I'm surprised so many people voted yes. Good God. I'm sure the first 20 billion years may be interesting, but what about the eternity that follows? I vote with a firm NO.

Heh, sorry NeutronStar I made almost an exact replica of your post. I did it on the quick post box on page 1. Haha.

The yes proposition is impossible. The universe was not made for life. Life is possible only in a very small volume and only for a very short time. You just happen to be very lucky.