Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Would you want to be a vampire?

1. Jun 14, 2003 #1
    If you were offered the chance to become a vampire, would you take it?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2003 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

you mean did I?

Actually, no. Assuming such things exist, and assuming that the legends of these fang-toothed blood suckers are true, then to be a vampire means to accept the dark side. Why would anyone choose to rot in hell?

FYI: the real story of Dracula:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2003
  4. Jun 14, 2003 #3
    Yea but only if i could have a test period first to see if i like the taste of blood or not.
  5. Jun 14, 2003 #4
    Re: Re: Would you want to be a vampire?

Aren't vampires eternal?

Anyway, what about in a world where there is no heaven or hell--no afterlife?
  6. Jun 14, 2003 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Re: Re: Would you want to be a vampire?

No. According to the movies, the premium source of vampire information, sunlight kills vampires. Not only that, one must always be on guard for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

This might depend on which kind of vampire I was. In the old movies, vampires were ugly, demonic creatures with long fingernails and rotting flesh. Perhaps the more recent George Hamilton type would be OK. Still, the drinking blood stuff is too much for me. Can I use Cherry Coke as a substitute?
  7. Jun 14, 2003 #6

I'm sure black pudding would suffice...

What really turns me off is the immortality thing. I mean, sucking people's blood would become dull and repetitive after a while, and there isn't really much space for culinary creativity with your teeth stuck in someone's jugular. A depressed vampire is a pitiful thing...
  8. Jun 15, 2003 #7

I'd rather spend my night doing more meaningful stuff like sleeping, or watching the late night shows, then having to hunt fer people to bite.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?