Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wow BUY THIS RAZOR!

1. Dec 31, 2008 #1
    This thing is AMAZINGGGGGGG. It works SO well. I was floored by how well it worked today. WORTH EVERY PENNY! $11.99

[​IMG]

I didn't shave for about 4 days, so I had a lot of short hair which easily gets caught and gives me small nicks if I dont use my Mach III carefully. This thing just went bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz right down and shaved it off like it was butter.

Its like using a regular knife vs a sharp electric knife to carve a turkey.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2008 #2
    Got one. I like it because I can go without shaving a few days and not feel like I'm tearing my face off when I use it. :)

4. Dec 31, 2008 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Hmmm... I have pretty stiff whiskers, and now that I'm unemployed I shave once or twice a week (whenever W nags me too much), and my Sensor handle with the Rexall $1.99 refill blades deals with it just fine. Even when I shaved every day, I had to use only about half a dozen blades per year. I just have to rinse it well after every pass to keep it from clogging, and occasionally unclog it with a toothpick.

5. Dec 31, 2008 #4
    Maybe so but I personally save money by buying a box of about 100 for maybe 20$ lasting me a year or so.

6. Dec 31, 2008 #5
    I agree that they are expensive, but when I use a regular razor, I get a lot of red marks under my neck. It gets irritated very easily, and only on one side too (wierd, eh?). This thing worked great though. You basically just hold it up to your face and slide it down. You dont have to back and forth it as you go down to avoid cutting yourself - it does it for you, and much better than I could do it myself.

7. Dec 31, 2008 #6
    dude. amazing. They sent me a free one on my eighteenth birthday with the matching gel. Ive never looked back since.

8. Dec 31, 2008 #7
    Aren't you like...4 years late? If you use a quality shaving cream, it feels as if you're gliding something along your face, and like magic the hair is gone.

9. Dec 31, 2008 #8
    I have Nivea shaving cream.

10. Dec 31, 2008 #9

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

So, the first blade stretches out the whisker, exposing more of the whisker for the second blade, while the third blade is actually a nanoscopic martial arts team that attacks the roots with nunchuks, while the fourth blade salts the Earth (or skin in this case) to slow new growth, and the fifth blade scrapes skin cells into the hole formerly occupied by the root, burying the evidence forever under a smoothly resurfaced face.

Actually, if it had a sixth, steamroller blade, I think the final surface would be of better quality.

11. Dec 31, 2008 #10

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Six blades? Why stop there? 188 blades! 247 blades! 593 blades!

I remember in the late 70s, shortly after double blades came out, and a company started selling triple bladed razors, SNL did a commercial spoof for a four bladed razor. At the time, three blades seemed excessive, and four blades was already hyperbolically absurd.
    Do you shave up on one side and down on the other?

12. Dec 31, 2008 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Well now I have to buy one. If cyrus says it's good, it must be good.

13. Dec 31, 2008 #12

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I've never had a problem with my Mach 3, as long as I replace the blades when they need to be replaced.

I've used the Fusion. It is a nice shave, but I didn't actually notice that much of a difference to justify buying a new razor.

14. Dec 31, 2008 #13
    I use a Mach 3 as well, but I have used the Fusion as well and I love it.

I guess I've just never been that into how close my shave is to where I've been getting groceries and though "Oh damn, I need to get that razor!"

By the by, anyone here have an old time shave with a straight razor at a barber shop? They don't do as good of a job, but if you can muster up the courage to let an 90 year old man take a knife to your throat its WELL worth the feeling of that invigorating splash they put on your face after its done.

15. Dec 31, 2008 #14

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I remember when razors only had one blade and Pickett put hyperbolic functions on their slide rules.

That was the day that laid the groundwork for going from trigonometrically absurd to hyperbolically absurd.

16. Dec 31, 2008 #15
    Maybe I'm inept, but what brand is this super-razor?

17. Dec 31, 2008 #16
    ...Gillette bro...Gillette...Jesus its GILLETTE!

18. Dec 31, 2008 #17

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

That was during the first season, which remains the best of all the SNL seasons that followed (IMHO). The did a spoof on a three-blade razor, not a four blade razor. There was no such thing as a triple blade razor back then; the double blade had just come out. That SNL skit may have set razor blade technology back 15 years or so. "The Triple-Trac. Because you'll believe anything."

Transcript (WARNING: Pop-ups galore) at http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75atriple.phtml

Added bonus: Al Franken plays the caveman in search of a better shave.

19. Dec 31, 2008 #18

wolram

Gold Member

I have a bic bought circa 1960, i keep it in a pyramid ,and with the correct incantations still works.

20. Dec 31, 2008 #19

turbo

Gold Member

If you keep it in a pyramid, it will hold its edge beautifully. If you take it out of the pyramid and shave with it, your mileage may vary.

21. Dec 31, 2008 #20

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Do you switch hands to shave opposite sides of your face/neck?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?