Wow, what a bargain No, wait....

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation included a preference for Ikea's Swedish meatballs, a clarification about the ingredients, and a discussion about assembling the furniture. There was also a mention of Otto von Bismarck and a humorous suggestion for taking photos.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Note the disclaimer in the bottom right corner.

ikea-hot-dog-sign.jpg

I prefer Ikea's Swedish meatballs, anyway. :cool:

Likes Drakkith and ProfuselyQuarky
Physics news on Phys.org
The disclaimer should also say that it's not all beef either. :oldbiggrin:

Hmm, I wonder if you have to assemble it yourself.

Last edited:
Oh no! I thought it would be enough for the whole family for a week!

Borg said:
Yes, with an Allen key :smile:

Likes Borg
Borg said:
DrClaude said:
Yes, with an Allen key :smile:
Paging the ghost of Otto von Bismarck:
The less people know about how sausages and laws are made, the better they sleep at night.

Likes Borg and DrClaude
Next time, go the right distance away from the sign and hold up a hot dog at arm's length so it looks like the actual size. It's the poor man's "holding up the leaning tower of Pisa" picture.

1. What does "Wow, what a bargain No, wait...." mean?

"Wow, what a bargain No, wait...." is a phrase commonly used to express excitement or surprise about a great deal or discount, but with a hint of hesitation or doubt. It implies that the speaker is initially impressed by the price, but then realizes there may be some catch or drawback.

2. How can I use "Wow, what a bargain No, wait...." in a sentence?

You can use "Wow, what a bargain No, wait...." in a sentence when describing a deal or sale that appears to be too good to be true. For example, "I couldn't believe the price of that TV on Black Friday. It was like, 'Wow, what a bargain No, wait....' I had to read the fine print to make sure there weren't any hidden fees."

3. Is "Wow, what a bargain No, wait...." always used in a positive way?

No, it can also be used sarcastically or ironically. For example, if someone tells you about a "great deal" that turns out to be not so great, you could say "Wow, what a bargain No, wait...." to convey your disappointment or disbelief.

4. Does "Wow, what a bargain No, wait...." have a specific origin?

There is no specific origin for this phrase, but it is commonly used in casual conversations and online discussions about shopping, sales, and deals.

5. Can "Wow, what a bargain No, wait...." be used in other contexts besides shopping?

Yes, the phrase can be used in other situations where something appears to be a great deal or opportunity, but there may be some hidden drawbacks. For example, it could be used when discussing job offers, travel deals, or investment opportunities.