Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wow, what a wuss I am.

1. Nov 22, 2004 #1
    It was freezing cold this morning while I was at work. I was getting set up when I felt a raindrop on the back of my neck. I turned to the guy I work with and said "that's one, two more and we leave right?" he said, "we can't work in a torrent like that."
    He was cold too, we got two more raindrops and called it a day after only two hours work. The point I'm trying to make is this: I was freezing, teeth-chattering, snot-bubble COLD to the bone. It was between 50-55 degrees F.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2004 #2
    Where do you work? I wish i could do that, dont think it ever gets quite that cold here though.

4. Nov 22, 2004 #3
    that was +50 to +55 Degrees F.
    Someone convert that for me.
    lets see, 50+no - 32/mc^2+4!
    that's what 194 C right?

5. Nov 22, 2004 #4

Ba

To me that is a comfortable tempature but then I also lived where the tempature got down to -12 degrees F at night people where I am now all think i'm weird because I wear shorts and a T-shirt most of the time in similar tempatures.

6. Nov 22, 2004 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Andy, it's roughly 10-13 degrees centigrade.

trib, you're a wimp, conditions inside my house are usually worse than that! :tongue2: :biggrin:

7. Nov 22, 2004 #6
    but they wouldn't seem worse because you'd be there.

8. Nov 22, 2004 #7

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Arizona tends to really thin the blood...i lived in Glendale for a year, came back up to Oregon, and haven't been able to get warm since...

9. Nov 22, 2004 #8
    <insert cheesey pick up line here>

10. Nov 22, 2004 #9
    You are a wimp, we've had it much colder than that at work before, do you work inside or outside?

11. Nov 22, 2004 #10
    Would you believe I'm a refridgerator repairman?

12. Nov 22, 2004 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Aren't you supposed to work on those from the outside?

:smile:

13. Nov 22, 2004 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm always too cold. The temperature here today is similar, and gray and rainy. Well, it's not really cold, but with the damp, I just want to burrow under a pile of blankets and go back to sleep today (having our dept Thanksgiving luncheon today didn't help...too much turkey). I used to think that's what men were good for, keeping you warm in bed, but then I got an electric blanket. Then again, I sleep with a comforter on the bed all summer long and only had air conditioning on for about a month. It's just my cold-blooded nature I suppose. :biggrin:

14. Nov 22, 2004 #13

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Not if 10-13 degrees C is too cold. wuss :-p

15. Nov 22, 2004 #14

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I agree with the wimp comment. I used to make ice cream. I had to walk back and forth betwen the room with the ice cream making machines (which was usually around 105 degrees Fahrenheit) and the freezer where we put the finished ice cream (which was -40 degrees centigrade).

Hot and cold, plus having to walk back and forth between Fahrenheit and Centigrade - it was all very confusing.

16. Nov 22, 2004 #15
    It changes so much in England that you get used to it but I do not think it is as bad as some countries.

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. BobG, why can we only count up to 1,048,755 on our fingers and toes??? :biggrin:

17. Nov 22, 2004 #16
    I know what you mean. I hate when I'm walking around in Fahrenheit then all of a sudden a gust of Centigrade blows up my skirt

18. Nov 22, 2004 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What are you doing wearing a skirt? I think that's the first problem. :biggrin:

19. Nov 22, 2004 #18

No, that's about half-way down the list of problems.

20. Nov 22, 2004 #19
    it's either:

a)I'm exploring my sexuality

b)this rash is killing me and I can't wear any close fitting clothes.

c)My name's Duncan McCloud

d)I hate seeing my posts die, so I shoot for something that will get a response, so I can respond.

e)my bikini is at the cleaner's.

f)easy access

g)OMG! What happened to my pants.

21. Nov 22, 2004 #20
    LOL! that's what I like to see.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?