Write and edit your own book now

• Thread starter vulsite
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Edit
The other option is to write a chapter or two and then send it in with a query letter. A query letter should be short and to the point and give enough information to get the publisher interested in reading more. You can find thousands of examples of query letters by googling.Publishers receive hundreds of query letters a week and may only actually ask for a manuscript once or twice a month. It'll take some time but it's a good way to get your foot in the door.Overall, you'll need to be patient. Most publishers take anywhere from 3 - 6 months to respond.Good luck!In summary,
jimmysnyder said:
Nor is it in any other. For it is not one at all. And not about to become one. But that shouldn't bother me. Or make me give up hope. Yet it seems hopeless. So perhaps I should reconsider.

Well, I was going with a subordinator. Look under "Subordinating Conjunctions" at http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/conjunctions.htm -and notice two examples that begin sentences.

Also, from the earlier referenced dictionary:

when conj. (sense 4): During the time at which; while: When I was young, I was happy.

edit: Geeze. I can't believe I spent all this time on conjunctions. *needs a life*
It's your fault Danger. You should have just slapped me silly and offered me a beer.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
OAQfirst said:
It's your fault Danger. You should have just slapped me silly and offered me a beer.

I'm too drunk to slap you, but I have a spare beer in the fridge if you want to come over. :biggrin:

Danger said:
I'm too drunk to slap you, but I have a spare beer in the fridge if you want to come over. :biggrin:
I'd love to but I'm too drunk to drink. :cry:

OAQfirst said:
I'd love to but I'm too drunk to drink. :cry:

You missed a comma there... :uhh:
:tongue: