How does Promotron write data on any surface?

In summary, the man claimed that he has a system that can write data on any surface, and that this is a revolutionary technology. However, I do not think that this technology is worth investing in, as there are other methods that are more effective.
bajopalabra
write data on any surface ?

hi
i was in a meeting where a man presented
a system ( called Promotron ) for write data "on any surface"
in an "invisible" , "in-adulterable", "impossible to copy" way
and then read it...
he never showed, by the way, HOW HE WRITES THE DATA
and he said that the way of writing is a secret

is it possible ?

his intention is to replace clasics
magnetic stripe cards
by any object ( plastic card, cardboard, etc )
using this system

he said that this is a revolutionary technology...
but i don't rely much in him
i have looked for some system already invented,
and i found "LSA - laser surface autenthication"
by russell cowburn
LSA method simply don't write , just unique surface properties
i think the system that i seen
is a like of copy of LSA

what do you think
can anybody guide me to "the truth" ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Could you offer more info? I can find no substantive reference on a Google search.

As soon as he says any surface, ask him to do it on the surface of water.

And, if the data is 'invisible', how does he read it?

Personnally, if anyone told me that story I'd tell them to put up or shut up. I don't care about your 'top secret' writing mechanism unless I know it works (working model or theory acceptable)

How much does he want you to invest to "perfect" it?

Scram, it's a scam!

its just 1 0 of course u can write data to any surface.. as for water, how about some form of ionised ink

Like Kleinjahr says: run, don't walk, to the nearest exit and never look back. The only way that you can achieve the effect that he's claiming is to permanently alter some physical characteristic of the surface in question, such as with laser etching or impregnation with another substance. The possibility of doing that is entirely dependent upon the surface in question, and would certainly require something more elaborate than he's making out. There's no chance that the same technique would work on stainless steel, balsa wood, and glass (as 'for instances').

edit: Just saw your post, Anttech. Water is a dynamic substance. You'd have to keep it frozen in order to maintain a surface composed of the same molecules in the same places. There's nothing to write on.

Last edited:
edit: Just saw your post, Anttech. Water is a dynamic substance. You'd have to keep it frozen in order to maintain a surface composed of the same molecules in the same places. There's nothing to write on.

Not if u ionise it and keep it in a charged field, water also has surface tension, I am sure u could engineer that also

Anyway the person u mention in the OP is talking pure tosh :-) And it certainly isn't a Revolutionary technology..

Anttech said:
Anyway the person u mention in the OP is talking pure tosh :-) And it certainly isn't a Revolutionary technology..

If it were true it would be revolutionary.

I agree not to invest in this (not without a much better demo).

As far as what it might be:

A hand-held device that prints and reads text using ink that shows up under UV light would fit this bill. Of ocurse, it's not going to replace any existing technology. I can think of a bunch of other techniques if given enough time.

I thought of the UV pen thing too, Dave, but it won't fly. As an ex-screen printer, I can tell you for sure that there's no formulation of ink that will work on all types of surface, and all of them eventually wear off.

Anttech said:
Not if u ionise it and keep it in a charged field, water also has surface tension, I am sure u could engineer that also

Well that sure doesn't fit his description of "any surface" to say the least :P

Danger said:
I thought of the UV pen thing too, Dave, but it won't fly. As an ex-screen printer, I can tell you for sure that there's no formulation of ink that will work on all types of surface, and all of them eventually wear off.
1] I am willing to grant some sales-hype here. I interpret "any surface" as "a range of select surfaces".
2] There was no claim that it would not wear off.

Right, Dave. I took 'un-adulterable' to mean 'endelible', but it's not the same thing.

1. How is data written on surfaces?

Data can be written on surfaces using various methods such as printing, engraving, or using a marker or pen. The specific method used depends on the type of surface and the type of data being written.

2. What types of surfaces can data be written on?

Data can be written on almost any surface, including paper, plastic, metal, glass, fabric, and even human skin. Some surfaces may require special tools or techniques for writing data.

3. Can data be permanently written on surfaces?

Yes, data can be written on surfaces in permanent or non-permanent ways. For example, permanent markers or engraving tools can be used to write data on surfaces that will not easily rub off or fade.

4. Are there any limitations to writing data on surfaces?

There may be limitations to writing data on certain surfaces, such as the size or texture of the surface. Additionally, some surfaces may require special equipment or techniques in order to successfully write data.

5. What are some potential applications for writing data on surfaces?

Writing data on surfaces has a wide range of applications, including labeling products, creating art or designs, recording information for scientific research, and even storing data for long periods of time. It can also be used for educational purposes or to communicate information in public spaces.