Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Writing a short story - work in progress

1. Apr 17, 2012 #1
    I watched Finding Forrester last night and got some good advice. One of which was this:
    "No thinking - that comes later. You must write your first draft with your heart. You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is... to write, not to think!"

I typed away for about two hours. I should have stopped with my ~700 words after the first hour. Everything that came after that was much less inspired and I will remove that ugly portion and start again tonight. My estimations say I should have it done in another two sittings. Maybe I could turn this into three 700-word arcs?

1500 < x < 3000, where 'x' is the final write up.

At any rate, does anyone know of any short story contests/competitions that I could participate in? I saw a bunch of 'em organised in the UK that foreigners can send entries in too and was wondering if you guys had heard of anything of the sort in the USA. I'm sure there's a few of those...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted