Writing up my control engineering dissertation,

In summary, the individual is seeking advice on writing up their undergraduate BENG dissertation, which is due in two weeks. The project focuses on developing a humidity control system and integrating it into a temperature control chamber. The individual is behind on writing and has only completed the humidity control system at a basic level. They are wondering if they can still receive a decent mark for their report and are looking for advice on how to defend their incomplete project. To address this issue, the individual should clarify expectations with their professor, explain the reasons for not completing the project, highlight their progress, and draw conclusions from their work.
Ben Jamin
Hi I am i need of some advice with regards to completing my dissertation. It was based around the idea that i should develop a humidity based control system and integrate it into a temperature control chamber to fully develop an environment chamber. I am basically quite far behind in writing the project and its due in, in two weeks. To top this off iv only developed the humidity control system on a basic level and i will never get enough time to write up the project and complete the integration with the temperature system in time.

Basically my question is on writing up dissertations. Its an undergraduate BENG, although the project is far from complete i still assume i can get a decent mark out of the report. Does anyone have any advice on writing up dissertations, but specifically in defending the fact that iv not completed the project.

Physics news on Phys.org
First of all, you should make sure that you are aware of the expectations for your dissertation. Talk to your professor about what is expected in terms of content and length. This will help you understand what you need to focus on when writing.Second, be sure to explain the reason why you have not been able to complete the project. Make sure to include any relevant details such as the timeline, resources available to you, and any challenges you faced. This will help your professor understand the situation and give them a better view of your work.Third, focus on the progress that you have made. Your professor will want to see that you have worked hard and accomplished something even if it is not fully completed. Make sure to highlight the successes you have had and how they contribute to the overall project.Finally, make sure to draw conclusions from your work. Even if the project is not complete, you can still provide insight into what could be done differently in the future. This will show your professor that you are taking the initiative to learn from your experience.Good luck with your dissertation and I hope this advice has been helpful.

1. What is the purpose of writing a control engineering dissertation?

The purpose of writing a control engineering dissertation is to demonstrate your understanding and mastery of key concepts and techniques in the field of control engineering. It also allows you to contribute original research and ideas to the field and showcase your ability to conduct independent research and present your findings in a clear and organized manner.

2. How should I structure my control engineering dissertation?

The structure of your control engineering dissertation will typically include an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion. However, the specific structure may vary depending on your research topic and the guidelines set by your university or supervisor. It is important to consult with your supervisor and carefully follow any instructions or guidelines provided.

3. What should I include in the literature review section of my control engineering dissertation?

The literature review section of your control engineering dissertation should provide an overview of the current state of research in your chosen topic. It should demonstrate your understanding of the relevant theories, concepts, and methods in the field, as well as any gaps or limitations in previous research that your study aims to address. It is important to critically evaluate and synthesize the existing literature and identify the unique contribution of your research.

4. How do I choose an appropriate methodology for my control engineering dissertation?

The choice of methodology will depend on your research question and objectives. Control engineering research often involves a combination of theoretical analysis, simulation, and experimental work. It is important to carefully consider the strengths and limitations of different methods and select the most appropriate one for your specific research question. Consult with your supervisor and other experts in the field for guidance on choosing an appropriate methodology.

5. How can I ensure that my control engineering dissertation is well-written and organized?

To ensure that your control engineering dissertation is well-written and organized, it is important to plan and outline your work before you begin writing. This will help you to structure your ideas and arguments in a logical and coherent manner. It is also important to proofread and edit your work carefully to ensure that it is free of spelling and grammar errors. Seeking feedback from your supervisor and peers can also help to improve the overall quality of your dissertation.