Writing Whitepapers: Get Help on Queries & Solutions

• Thread starter Aragon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Writing
In summary, the speaker is interested in writing a white paper and has a solution but needs clarification and help with mathematical analysis. They also ask for recommendations on who to approach for assistance.
Aragon
Hi,
I am interested in writing a white paper on a subject. I have arrived at a solution, and I have a few queries regarding the same. I would highly appreciate if someone can help me with them.

1. I arrived at this solution, while solving a friends' query on the same topic. I want to double check if this is already publicly known. Where can I check? :confused:

2. I am unable to fathom a mathematical analysis for the same. It is, at present, an abstract solution which will become a scientific paper only when supported by a thorough analysis of the solution. :confused:

3. Whom should I approach for such an endeavour.

Thanks in Advance. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Are we talking physics here?

1. The journals on the subject.
2. You won't very likely will not get the paper published without the mathematics.
3. Someone at the nearest university perhaps?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out about your interest in writing a white paper. It's great to hear that you have already come up with a solution and are eager to get started on your paper. Writing a white paper can be a valuable way to share your knowledge and insights on a particular subject.

To answer your first query, it's always a good idea to do some research and make sure your solution is not already publicly known. You can start by looking for similar papers or articles on the topic, and also check with experts in the field. Additionally, you can reach out to your local library or university for resources on the subject.

For your second query, it's understandable that you are looking for a mathematical analysis to support your solution. You can consider reaching out to a mathematician or statistician for assistance with this aspect of your white paper. They can provide valuable insights and help you present your solution in a more scientific manner.

As for your third query, there are a few options you can consider. You can reach out to professionals in the field you are writing about, such as researchers or industry experts. You can also approach academic institutions or organizations that specialize in the subject matter for guidance and resources. Additionally, you can seek advice from a writing coach or mentor who can provide valuable feedback and help you structure your white paper effectively.

I hope this helps answer your queries and provides some guidance for your white paper writing journey. Best of luck with your project! 👍

1. What is a whitepaper and why is it important for businesses?

A whitepaper is a comprehensive report or guide that addresses a specific issue, problem, or solution in a particular industry or field. It is important for businesses because it allows them to establish authority and thought leadership in their respective industries, as well as provide valuable information to potential customers.

2. How do I write an effective whitepaper?

To write an effective whitepaper, you should first start by identifying a relevant and compelling topic. Then, research and gather data to support your argument and structure your whitepaper in a clear and logical manner. Use visual aids, such as graphs or charts, to make your content more engaging. Finally, proofread and edit your whitepaper to ensure it is well-written and error-free.

3. Can I use technical jargon in my whitepaper?

It is best to avoid using technical jargon in your whitepaper, unless your target audience is familiar with it. Whitepapers should be written in a clear and concise manner, using simple language that is easy for readers to understand. This will make your whitepaper more accessible and engaging for a wider audience.

4. How can I make my whitepaper stand out?

To make your whitepaper stand out, you can use a catchy title that highlights the main topic or solution discussed in the paper. Additionally, include eye-catching visuals and use a professional and easy-to-read design. It is also important to provide valuable and well-researched information that is not readily available elsewhere.

5. What is the role of a whitepaper in the sales process?

A whitepaper can play a crucial role in the sales process by providing valuable information to potential customers and establishing credibility and trust. It can also help businesses generate leads and convert them into customers by highlighting the benefits and solutions their products or services offer. Whitepapers can also be used as a tool to educate and inform customers about a particular issue or problem, and how your business can help solve it.