1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wrong relationship?

1. Mar 5, 2012 #1
    Hi, i was doing practice questions for an exam in a couple of weeks and i had his question:
    An object is dropped from height hand strikes the ground at time t, if the object is dropped from a height of 2h, which of the following represents the time it will take to strike the ground?
    A. t
    B. 1.4 t
    C. 2t
    D. 4t
    ---
    I created the following relationship to answer the question: vtsinø=h, thus it is a direct relationship so i chose answer C. Turns that my answer was incorrect, can anyone tell me what did i do wrong??
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2012 #2
    Ah, now i know what i did wrong. the relationship i formulated did not factor in acceleration of the object and therefore is inadequate to account for all the variable affecting time. the correct relationship is x=1/2at(sq)
    Merci

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook