Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wrong Time

1. Sep 14, 2006 #1

AKG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I think this just started happening recently: the time shown on the forums is off by an hour. It's 9:42 PM here, but when I post it, it will show 8:42 PM. If I click "New Posts", the lastest one will be time-stamped at no later than 8:42 PM. I have my profile set to the correct time zone (GMT - 5:00, EST Canada and US) and daylight savings settings.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2006 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

PF has recently declared its own time zone.

- Warren

4. Sep 14, 2006 #3
    9:16 my time, 8:07 PF time.

5. Sep 14, 2006 #4
    I've noticed this same problem.

6. Sep 16, 2006 #5

StatusX

Homework Helper

Yea, this has been going on for a few weeks now. It seems to be off by about an hour and 10 minutes. I've had to change all the clocks in my house to avoid confusion. Luckily I have nothing else to do.

7. Sep 16, 2006 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Brilliant idea! Since this doesn't seem to be something that's going to be fixed any time soon, I should do the same.

The time problem started after the prolonged 2 day outage a few weeks ago. The time has been off since the server came back up.

8. Sep 16, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When it first came back on, it was drifting all over the place. It's been pretty consistently about an hour off all week (at least).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?