Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wrote like two pages of stuff

1. Feb 18, 2006 #1
    just wrote like two pages of stuff and when i went to post it, said invalid thread...

:grumpy: :mad: :devil:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 18, 2006 #2
    thread must have been locked.

4. Feb 18, 2006 #3
    What were you writing about?You could try repositing it here.

5. Feb 18, 2006 #4
    no it was a new thread

6. Feb 19, 2006 #5
    i just dont feel like righting all that out again

7. Feb 19, 2006 #6

VietDao29

Homework Helper

When you went to posting it, you had to log-in again, and after that, you were told that it was an invalid thread. Is this what happened to you?
    If that's what happened to you, then you may be logged out unexpectedly. To solve this, you should check the Remember me checkbox.
    -------------------
    Or you can try to create an empty notepad, then transfer everything into it. Then if you were told that it was an invalid thread, you can just copy everything from the notepad, and try posting again. :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  8. Feb 19, 2006 #7

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And before submitting a post, copy it onto clipboard, so it can be recreated if necessary.

9. Feb 19, 2006 #8
    Hey, don't worry about it! No one was going to read a two-page post anyway.

10. Feb 19, 2006 #9

Mk

I've never gotten a message like that, but I have closed tabs, windows, browsers, pressed the back button, accidently deleted it through control-A and delete, and restarted the computer!! :surprised If its more than 3 paragraphs I usually paste it into a .rtf or .txt file and save+replace it as PF Post.

11. Feb 19, 2006 #10
    I just had to make spell correction:approve: :biggrin:

12. Feb 19, 2006 #11

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I always use control copy especially before posting or even sending e-mails.

13. Feb 19, 2006 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The probability of a post getting lost as one attempts to submit it is directly proportional to the time and effort put into writing it. :frown:

If you spend a long time writing out a well-thought-out post that you wouldn't want to retype, a quick copy before submitting is the best safeguard.

As others have suggested, make sure you click that "remember me" box when you log in to ensure you don't "time out" when writing (just remember to log out again if you're on a shared computer).

Once in a while, there's no explanation for it other than gremlins...they eat posts, and when they get hungry, they always go for the fattest, juiciest one they can find. :biggrin: I think we've all experienced the gremlins at one time or another, so we can all feel your pain.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?