Wrote like two pages of stuff

just wrote like two pages of stuff and when i went to post it, said invalid thread...

:grumpy: :mad: :devil:

thread must have been locked.

What were you writing about?You could try repositing it here.

no it was a new thread

i just dont feel like righting all that out again

VietDao29

Homework Helper
Tido611 said:
just wrote like two pages of stuff and when i went to post it, said invalid thread...

:grumpy: :mad: :devil:
When you went to posting it, you had to log-in again, and after that, you were told that it was an invalid thread. Is this what happened to you?
If that's what happened to you, then you may be logged out unexpectedly. To solve this, you should check the Remember me checkbox.
-------------------
Or you can try to create an empty notepad, then transfer everything into it. Then if you were told that it was an invalid thread, you can just copy everything from the notepad, and try posting again. :)

Last edited:

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
And before submitting a post, copy it onto clipboard, so it can be recreated if necessary.

R

rachmaninoff

Hey, don't worry about it! No one was going to read a two-page post anyway.

Mk

I've never gotten a message like that, but I have closed tabs, windows, browsers, pressed the back button, accidently deleted it through control-A and delete, and restarted the computer!! :surprised If its more than 3 paragraphs I usually paste it into a .rtf or .txt file and save+replace it as PF Post.

Tido611 said:
i just dont feel like[Edit] wrighting all that out again
I just had to make spell correction:approve: :biggrin:

JasonRox

... to graduate school.
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I always use control copy especially before posting or even sending e-mails.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The probability of a post getting lost as one attempts to submit it is directly proportional to the time and effort put into writing it. :frown:

If you spend a long time writing out a well-thought-out post that you wouldn't want to retype, a quick copy before submitting is the best safeguard.

As others have suggested, make sure you click that "remember me" box when you log in to ensure you don't "time out" when writing (just remember to log out again if you're on a shared computer).

Once in a while, there's no explanation for it other than gremlins...they eat posts, and when they get hungry, they always go for the fattest, juiciest one they can find. :biggrin: I think we've all experienced the gremlins at one time or another, so we can all feel your pain.

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving