Wrote like two pages of stuff

• Thread starter Tido611
  • Start date
In summary, when you tried to post your long-written post, you were told that it was invalid because it was a new thread. But don't worry, there are ways to avoid this in the future.
Tido611
just wrote like two pages of stuff and when i went to post it, said invalid thread...

:grumpy: :mad: :devil:

Physics news on Phys.org
thread must have been locked.

What were you writing about?You could try repositing it here.

no it was a new thread

i just don't feel like righting all that out again

Tido611 said:
just wrote like two pages of stuff and when i went to post it, said invalid thread...

:grumpy: :mad: :devil:
When you went to posting it, you had to log-in again, and after that, you were told that it was an invalid thread. Is this what happened to you?
If that's what happened to you, then you may be logged out unexpectedly. To solve this, you should check the Remember me checkbox.
-------------------
Or you can try to create an empty notepad, then transfer everything into it. Then if you were told that it was an invalid thread, you can just copy everything from the notepad, and try posting again. :)

Last edited:
And before submitting a post, copy it onto clipboard, so it can be recreated if necessary.

Hey, don't worry about it! No one was going to read a two-page post anyway.

I've never gotten a message like that, but I have closed tabs, windows, browsers, pressed the back button, accidently deleted it through control-A and delete, and restarted the computer! If its more than 3 paragraphs I usually paste it into a .rtf or .txt file and save+replace it as PF Post.

Tido611 said:
i just don't feel like[Edit] wrighting all that out again
I just had to make spell correction:approve: :biggrin:

I always use control copy especially before posting or even sending e-mails.

The probability of a post getting lost as one attempts to submit it is directly proportional to the time and effort put into writing it. :frown:

If you spend a long time writing out a well-thought-out post that you wouldn't want to retype, a quick copy before submitting is the best safeguard.

As others have suggested, make sure you click that "remember me" box when you log into ensure you don't "time out" when writing (just remember to log out again if you're on a shared computer).

Once in a while, there's no explanation for it other than gremlins...they eat posts, and when they get hungry, they always go for the fattest, juiciest one they can find. :biggrin: I think we've all experienced the gremlins at one time or another, so we can all feel your pain.

1. What does it mean to "write like two pages of stuff"?

"Writing like two pages of stuff" is a colloquial way of saying that you have written a significant amount of content, typically referring to a written assignment or research project.

2. How many words are in two pages of writing?

The number of words in two pages of writing can vary depending on the font, font size, and spacing used. However, on average, a double-spaced page with 12-point font can hold around 500 words. Therefore, two pages of writing would typically have around 1000 words.

3. How long does it take to write two pages of stuff?

The time it takes to write two pages of stuff can vary greatly depending on the complexity of the content, the writer's skill level, and the amount of research required. It can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours or even days to complete two pages of writing.

4. What are some tips for writing two pages of stuff efficiently?

To write two pages of stuff efficiently, it is essential to plan and organize your ideas beforehand. This can include creating an outline, conducting thorough research, and setting aside dedicated blocks of time for writing. It can also be helpful to take breaks and avoid distractions during the writing process.

5. Is two pages of writing considered a lot?

The length of two pages of writing can vary depending on the context and purpose of the writing. In academic settings, two pages may be considered a relatively short assignment, while in other contexts, it may be considered a significant amount of content. Ultimately, the significance of two pages of writing depends on the expectations and requirements set by the writer or instructor.