1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wye-Delta Three Phase Circuit

1. Aug 15, 2007 #1
    Hi,

In the attached file, the question asks to find the three line currents. I understand the solution using Mesh Analysis that was used. However, I am unsure as to why when I convert the Delta Load to a Wye load, I get the wrong answer.

Using Zwye = (1/3)Zdelta, adding the series line impedance with the load impedance, and then finding the line current using a single phase equivalent.

Essentially the Balanced Delta load becomes a Balance Wye load of 4 + j0.666. Then the line impedances will be in series with each individual load. So each impedance should be (4 + j0.666) + (1 + j2). Finally, the line currents will be the phase voltages (100 angle0, 100 angle-120, 100 angle120) divided by the series line and load impedance, 5 + j2.666.

Am I doing something wrong?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2009 #2
    I can't help you here, because there is no question to what need to be solve.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?