1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

[x,l^2] solution help

1. Nov 16, 2007 #1
    Hi

I can not Continues Solution because of the differentiate .

please

I want Some the helping and Exposition .

see a file attach

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2007 #2
    Solution please

4. Nov 17, 2007 #3

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Skip the derivatives, you where on the right way by writing [tex] \hat{\vec{L}} [/tex] as [tex] \hat{L}_x^2 + .. [/tex] and using the commutator rules and the commutators [tex] [x,\hat{L}_x] [/tex] etc.

Hint: Use the fact that you can write [tex] \hat{L}_z = x\hat{p}_y - y\hat{p}_x [/tex] etc, and [tex] [x_i,\hat{p}_j] = i\hbar \delta _{i,j} [/tex] ; where [tex] \vec{x} = x,y,z [/tex]. So [tex] x_i [/tex] can be either x,y,z.

Much work ;)

Dont demand solutions from us, we only give you hints and point you in the right direction. That is also a rule, that full solutions shoulnd be posted. We would also be sitting approx 45min to do this, and it is not us who should do the work, it is you, we only give hints as I said.

Now you have everything to solve this.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?