What are the Technical Specifications for the KL27-0.8-70 X-Ray Machine?

In summary: The radiation pattern from an oral x-ray machine is largely determined by the type of x-ray film used. The most common films are lead, silver, and nickel silver. The radiation pattern from an oral x-ray machine is largely determined by the type of x-ray film used. Lead and nickel silver films produce a higher radiation dose than silver films.
AndresPB
Good afternoon, I'm doing a research on x-rays machines. I chose the model KL27-0.8-70 (or any oral x-ray machine). I would be very grateful if someone could provide me some technical information as the radiation pattern, the aceleration efectuated on the electrons, and the electric field radiated from the electrons or the place where I can find this information, I have already emailed several companies but none have answered back yet. I would be very grateful on obtaining this data for a deeper understanding on x rays machines.
Thanks for the time of reading this question,
Andrés.

Biology news on Phys.org
Have you made any effort to find out the principle of operation of an X-ray generator? Such information is readily available on the internet.

The info about generation of x-rays I've already got. I'm looking for a bit more specific information like the radiation pattern of any oral x-ray machine, and the exact accelaration effectuated on a electron.

AndresPB said:
The info about generation of x-rays I've already got. I'm looking for a bit more specific information like the radiation pattern of any oral x-ray machine, and the exact accelaration effectuated on a electron.
What reading have you been doing so far on this? It would seem that Google would get you a lot of that information. What have you found at the manufacturer's website? What have you found via Google?

You're probably running into problems because the questions that you're asking might be losing something in the translation.

What do you mean by "radiation pattern?" Are you asking about x-ray intensity as a function of angle from the anode? Are you asking about an emission spectrum?

I don't know what "exact accelaration effectuated on a electron" means either. I suspect you mean to ask about peak acceleration potential, which for dental x-ray units is probably in the 60 - 100 keV ballpark.

As for "electric field radiated from the electrons" - do you mean Gauss' Law?

AndresPB said:
Good afternoon, I'm doing a research on x-rays machines. I chose the model KL27-0.8-70 (or any oral x-ray machine). I would be very grateful if someone could provide me some technical information as the radiation pattern, the aceleration efectuated on the electrons, and the electric field radiated from the electrons or the place where I can find this information, I have already emailed several companies but none have answered back yet. I would be very grateful on obtaining this data for a deeper understanding on x rays machines.
Thanks for the time of reading this question,
Andrés.
One can search Google with the cited model number and find a manufacturer's brochure.
http://www.kailongx-ray.com/uploadfiles/201372515227051.pdf

In the model number, 0.8 is the Focal spot nominal value (Standard IEC 60336), and 70 is 70 kV. These can vary among devices.

Likes Fervent Freyja

1. What is the difference between digital and analog X-ray machines?

Digital X-ray machines use a sensor to capture images, while analog machines use photographic film. Digital machines produce images faster and with better quality, but they are also more expensive.

2. What is the typical power output of an X-ray machine?

The power output of an X-ray machine can vary, but it is typically between 20-125 kilovolts (kV). This is the amount of energy that is used to produce the X-rays.

3. How often should X-ray machines be calibrated?

X-ray machines should be calibrated at least once a year. Some manufacturers may recommend more frequent calibrations depending on usage and environment.

4. What is the maximum weight capacity of an X-ray table?

The weight capacity of an X-ray table can vary, but it is typically between 300-500 pounds. This is important to consider when imaging larger patients.

5. Can X-ray machines be used for any type of imaging?

No, X-ray machines are primarily used for imaging bones and other dense tissues. They are not suitable for soft tissue imaging, such as organs or muscles.