I X-ray spectrum

• Thread starter hagopbul
  • Start date
Summary
About optical phenomena and if that phenomena is replicable in higher frequencies than visual light
Hello all:
I was looking on the internet for some optical phenomena called glory , and start to wonder can we see the same phenomena in x-rays , dose this phenomena effect the x-rays impulse , not talking about Compton scattering

Best
H.B.

scottdave

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Electromagnetic waves (including X-rays ) will refract when passing between dissimilar materials. I tried some searching on X-ray refraction, and it appears X-rays refract in different directions than visible light. colors are something we perceive from different wavelengths, so I don't think any "rainbow" of different X-rays could not be "seen".

Electromagnetic waves (including X-rays ) will refract when passing between dissimilar materials. I tried some searching on X-ray refraction, and it appears X-rays refract in different directions than visible light. colors are something we perceive from different wavelengths, so I don't think any "rainbow" of different X-rays could not be "seen".
The idea of rainbow in xray is like the visible light , you have spectrum of electromagnetic radiation in the X ray region when it is passing into matter should be reflected refracted and detracted , if it is two matrial with different densities could we see some thing similar i dont mean on the detector but when we simulate it ,could we see a phenomena like that inside a solid layer