What is the solution to these X-Y plane physics problems?

In summary, the conversation is about solving physics equation problems and asking for help with specific questions. The first question asks for the mass that can be sustained by a force and an inclined plane, while the second question asks for the pressing force perpendicular to the plane. The third question involves using a differential pulley to raise a certain weight. The conversation also mentions resolving forces in the X-Y plane and putting equilibrium conditions. The person thanking for the reply and wishing a nice day and God's blessings.
glenlhes29
Hi everyone!i have this physics equation problem,i really need to know how to solve this for me to pass my exam,can anyone help me please..:frown:

Question:
1.what mass will be sustained on a plane inclined at 32 degrees horizontal, by a force of 200 Newtons pulling upward at an angle of 28 degrees to the plane?

2.What is the pressing force perpendicular to the plane in question # 1 (taking g = 10m/s)

3.A differential pulley has two pulleys, with radii of 175mm and 190mm respectively; what pull on the chain is necessary to raise 750 kilograms?

Thanks! God Bless..

Physics news on Phys.org
Resolve all the forces in X-Y plane as such where you might select axes inclined as per ur wish.
Then Normal force acts normally to the surface and is equal to the forces acting normally towards the surface.
Now put equilibrium condition..

For 3, i assume they are attached. the firststep is draw diagram, observe forces and come into constraint conditions.

Thank you for your reply..i appreciate it.have a nice day God Bless!

1. What is the X-Y plane in physics?

The X-Y plane, also known as the Cartesian plane, is a two-dimensional coordinate system used in physics to represent the position and movement of objects. The horizontal axis is the X-axis, and the vertical axis is the Y-axis. Together, they form a right angle, with the point where they intersect being called the origin.

2. How is motion in the X-Y plane described?

Motion in the X-Y plane is described using the concepts of displacement, velocity, and acceleration. Displacement refers to the change in position of an object, velocity is the rate of change of displacement, and acceleration is the rate of change of velocity.

3. What is the equation for calculating displacement in the X-Y plane?

The equation for calculating displacement in the X-Y plane is d = √((x2-x1)^2 + (y2-y1)^2), where (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) represent the initial and final positions of the object respectively. This is known as the Pythagorean theorem in mathematics.

4. How is net force calculated in the X-Y plane?

Net force in the X-Y plane is calculated using the vector sum of all the forces acting on an object. This means that the magnitude and direction of each force must be taken into account to determine the net force. The net force can then be used to calculate the acceleration of the object.

5. What is the significance of the X-Y plane in projectile motion?

The X-Y plane is essential in understanding and predicting the motion of projectiles, such as a ball thrown or a bullet fired. The horizontal and vertical components of the projectile's motion can be separated and analyzed independently using the X-Y plane, making it easier to determine factors such as range, height, and time of flight.