Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Xcode for mac os lion 10.7.3

1. Oct 17, 2012 #1
    Hello, I mistook downloding xcode 4.5.1 that is incompatible with my lion 10.7.3, which version of xcode should work with my mac os anyway ? should xcode 4.32 be the right choice ? Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2012 #2
    It works with the mentioned version too. But after I successfully installed Xcode on my machine and rebooted it, there is no XCode link created at all in the Applications folder. I have to run the downloaded dmg file again to see it popping up. But later it'd disappear once I power of my machine. Is there a solution to this tiny problem ?

Edit: it seems I don't understand about the difference between the dmg file of size 1.98GB and another one of size 1.4GB, i guess this is probably the problem. I downloaded and installed 1.98GB dmg and it stays as a separate disk image the second time I run it.

4. Oct 26, 2012 #3
    You should be able to install any of the 4.3.x releases. You can find older releases of Xcode here (needs free account): http://connect.apple.com/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook