Is Xena: Warrior Princess the Ultimate Collectible for Fans?

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary, I just got the entire series box set for my birthday! I'm very very excited. I loved that show growing up. I feel like I've now reached a whole new level of geekdom though. This is the first television show I've ever owned on DVD. I love watching Xena kick butt, and Gabrielle is smokin'. Ooh OOh, and the Amazons rule, and the gods, I love Aphrodite, and Ares and oooh... Anyway, wanted to share my elation... I just got the entire series box set for my birthday! I'm very very excited. I loved that show growing up. I feel like I've now reached a whole
Gale
I just got the entire series box set for my birthday! I'm very very excited. I loved that show growing up. I feel like I've now reached a whole new level of geekdom though. This is the first television show I've ever owned on DVD. I love watching Xena kick butt, and Gabrielle is smokin'. Ooh OOh, and the Amazons rule, and the gods, I love Aphrodite, and Ares and oooh...

Anyway, wanted to share my elation...

*picks up plastic sword*
Ay-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi!

Physics news on Phys.org
I LOVED THAT SHOW! The theme song is great.

Gale said:
I feel like I've now reached a whole new level of geekdom though.

What you feel is absolutely right.

I seem to remember that there were really handsome centaurs on that show.

Don't feel too bad, Gale. I've got DVDs of all the Babylon 5 series, including the pilot and the feature-length episodes. That was the best-written sci-fi show ever, with complex characters. The special effects were great. I think a lot of that work was done here in Maine on a lash-up called a "video toaster". I don't know a lot about that, but I think it involved parallel processing on Amigas.

Geeks unite!

Last edited:
This is my favorite series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc61fG6DOL8&mode=related&search= (Intro S. 1-5)

What made Xena such a success was that it mixed action and combat with a female hero, something previously just about unseen in the adventure series genre.

I have season 3 and 4, but I will be planing on buying the rest.

Moridin said:
What made Xena such a success was that it mixed action and combat with a female hero, something previously just about unseen in the adventure series genre.

Women + action (hey, don't get me wrong here :rofl:) = MONEY.

What was that circular weapon thing she had, the one that all ways came back.

wolram said:
What was that circular weapon thing she had, the one that all ways came back.

Chakram

Original:

http://xenaspain.webcindario.com/Props/armas_X/Chakram1_resina.GIF

Modifed:

Chakram.jpg

Only four people has ever been able to throw it: Xena (all three), Callisto (original), Eve (modified) and Gabrielle (modified).

The original was actually the Dark Chakram. By combining it with the Light Chakram, Xena made the modifed version, which can also be used for hand-to-hand combat. The Chakram of light is powerful enough to slay gods.

Last edited:
I've got the 'Firefly' season 1 box set. Sadly, there was no season 2, which I'll never understand. Am I the only one who likes space westerns? I am a fan of all things Whedon.

I'm also collecting 'Heroes' 'Burn Notice' Torchwood' and 'Blade.' I plan on picking up 'Dexter' this weekend.

I also have a growing list of zombie flicks in my collection.

Geeks unite!

P.S. Anyone know Gabrielle Anwar and would consider passing her my number?

Yipee! I'm not the only person who was inspired by Xena sword work.:biggrin:

So, I'm still only on season 3, but I've been watching all the commentary and stuff too. Man, I'm so ready to kick butt. I love the humor in this show. Its such a fun show to watch, and its great to see a woman as a hero. I'm thinking about maybe watching a little Hercules, since I love Autolycus. I really love Bruce Campbell, oh and watching Ted Raimi on the commentary maded me love Joxter even more. I'm totally lovin' this!

Moridin said:
Chakram

Original:

http://xenaspain.webcindario.com/Props/armas_X/Chakram1_resina.GIF

Modifed:

Chakram.jpg

Only four people has ever been able to throw it: Xena (all three), Callisto (original), Eve (modified) and Gabrielle (modified).

The original was actually the Dark Chakram. By combining it with the Light Chakram, Xena made the modifed version, which can also be used for hand-to-hand combat. The Chakram of light is powerful enough to slay gods.
gale -- I think you've been out-geeked :tongue: :biggrin: :wink:

Gale said:
So, I'm still only on season 3, but I've been watching all the commentary and stuff too. Man, I'm so ready to kick butt. I love the humor in this show. Its such a fun show to watch, and its great to see a woman as a hero. I'm thinking about maybe watching a little Hercules, since I love Autolycus. I really love Bruce Campbell, oh and watching Ted Raimi on the commentary maded me love Joxter even more. I'm totally lovin' this!

If you love Bruce Campbell then check out the tv series 'Burn Notice.' He plays a washed-up, alcoholic, free-loading spy in Miami. He has contacts in the FBI and around the city and uses them to help out his friend, another spy who received a burn notice and is isolated in Miami and cut off from any agencies.

Then there are a few other movies, 'Evil Dead 1&2, and Army of Darkness, Man with the Screaming Brain, and a few more I probably haven't seen yet, but will eventually.

I've got all the seasons of the X-files on video, there's nothing wrong with that :smile:

What is the plot of "Xena: Warrior Princess"?

"Xena: Warrior Princess" follows the adventures of Xena, a former ruthless warlord who seeks redemption by using her fighting skills to protect the innocent. Along with her loyal companion, Gabrielle, Xena travels through ancient Greece and beyond, battling gods, warlords, and other mythical creatures.

Who are the main characters in "Xena: Warrior Princess"?

The main characters in "Xena: Warrior Princess" are Xena, Gabrielle, and Joxer. Other recurring characters include Ares, God of War, and Callisto, Xena's arch-nemesis.

When did "Xena: Warrior Princess" originally air?

"Xena: Warrior Princess" originally aired from 1995 to 2001. It has since gained a cult following and continues to be popular through syndication and streaming services.

Is "Xena: Warrior Princess" historically accurate?

No, "Xena: Warrior Princess" is not historically accurate. It is set in a fictionalized version of ancient Greece and often incorporates elements of fantasy and mythology into its storylines.

What is the legacy of "Xena: Warrior Princess"?

"Xena: Warrior Princess" is considered a groundbreaking and influential show for its portrayal of a strong female lead and its exploration of themes such as redemption, friendship, and overcoming one's past. It also paved the way for other female-led action shows and has a dedicated fan base that continues to celebrate the show's legacy.

Back