Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Xmgrace: making one double plot out of two single plots

1. Feb 17, 2016 #1
    Grace plots are typically stored in files with a *.agr extension.

Suppose I have two (or more) single plots:

plot0.agr
    plot1.agr

Suppose I want to combine these plots into a single file, with each plot displayed side-by-side, or a smaller plot within a larger, or whatever. We can call the new file

plotN.agr

The first plot is easy...just copy plot0.agr to plotN.agr

cp plot0.agr plotN.agr

And in xmgrace, I can create a new plot (G1), put them side-by-side or orient them any way I choose. But how do I get the data from plot1.agr into G1 in plotN.agr?

I know I can export the data from plot1.agr and import it int G1 in plotN.agr. But what about all the formatting, text and labels?

Is there a way in import plot1.agr with all its data, formatting, labels, etc. into G1 in plotN.agr? And do the same for any subsequent plots? If so, how?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook