Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

XRD database

1. Apr 28, 2005 #1
    Hi, are there any online databases for the x-ray diffraction peaks of common and less common crystals?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2005 #2
    I'm not sure if there are any free large databases but there are programs for calculating diffraction patterns. for example powdercell can calculate and draw the powder diffraction pattern of a crystal for you. you have to specify the space group, lattice parameters and the content for the program and it'll do the rest.

4. Apr 28, 2005 #3
    Yes, there is a database of xrd patterns. But it's not free, I can't remember the name off the top of my head. And googling it is going to be hard because I think it's "pdf.......something".

5. Apr 29, 2005 #4
    it's idcc pdf (powder diffraction file) at idcc.com.

6. Apr 29, 2005 #5
    I think you meant icdd.com ;)

7. Apr 29, 2005 #6
    I stand corrected. Damn these abbreviations.

8. Apr 29, 2005 #7

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"Long ago", the lab I worked in had a PDF database on the computers. They even had hardcopy publications of PDF plots/data. I'm not sure where they are found online...other than ICDD, which is what came up when I googled "pdf powder diffraction".

9. Aug 16, 2010 #8
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?