1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

XRD database

1. Apr 28, 2005 #1
    Hi, are there any online databases for the x-ray diffraction peaks of common and less common crystals?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2005 #2
    I'm not sure if there are any free large databases but there are programs for calculating diffraction patterns. for example powdercell can calculate and draw the powder diffraction pattern of a crystal for you. you have to specify the space group, lattice parameters and the content for the program and it'll do the rest.

4. Apr 28, 2005 #3
    Yes, there is a database of xrd patterns. But it's not free, I can't remember the name off the top of my head. And googling it is going to be hard because I think it's "pdf.......something".

5. Apr 29, 2005 #4
    it's idcc pdf (powder diffraction file) at idcc.com.

6. Apr 29, 2005 #5
    I think you meant icdd.com ;)

7. Apr 29, 2005 #6
    I stand corrected. Damn these abbreviations.

8. Apr 29, 2005 #7

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"Long ago", the lab I worked in had a PDF database on the computers. They even had hardcopy publications of PDF plots/data. I'm not sure where they are found online...other than ICDD, which is what came up when I googled "pdf powder diffraction".

9. Aug 16, 2010 #8
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?