Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

XRD purchase

1. May 22, 2009 #1
    Hi everybody,
    we are looking for powder XRD purchase to our University. Is anyone tell me what firm is better, what kind of accessories to purchase? I heard that Panalytical made some device for nanomaterials size measurements. Anybody knows how does it works and is this good?
    Thanks a lot.

2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2009 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You might get better help if you provide additional information, such as your location, budget, anticipated application/materials.

4. May 22, 2009 #3
    From my Prof., I understood that there is no questions about the budget.
    Required analysis for new synthesized ceramic and metallic powders, nano powders, some metallic and polimeric surfaces, bulk metals (I'm talking about new phases formation in cast metals such as Al alloys).

5. May 25, 2009 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If your university is in the US, I would recommend you get professional help from XRD experts, such as this group: http://www.xrd.us/services/consulting.htm

If not, you should have the primary operator make a decision based on needs and prior experience. A lot depends on your location and which suppliers operate there and provide installation/repair/maintenance/training services.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook