What is the Latest Update on Hurricane Jeanne's Path Towards Florida?

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hurricane
In summary, the Florida thought Jeanne would just go away, but no, it decides to turn around and come straight at us.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Florida thought Jeanne would just go away, but no, it decides to turn around and come straight at us. :yuck: :yuck:

Good luck to all of those people living in florida.

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, you thought Jeanne was turning towards Texas ?

That's not what they meant when they said "Miami Hurricanes head to Houston" :wink:

How are you doing Miami?

It's comming in VA too right ?
This is my first hurricane

humanino said:

Just duct tape yourself to the bathroom door and hang on. Make sure and use waterproof tape. :biggrin:

Its down to a tropical storm now.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT11/refresh/AL1104W5+GIF/141753W5.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
humanino said:

Hey, I didn't know Paris was in Va.

Nothing happened here in Miami. The same can't be said about Martin County. There has been 6 reported deaths so far.

You got to love the UK, no hurricanes here.

but we get no sun

same with Canada, we get the tail though, not too bad

Im just worried that that Jeanne will reform and turn around when it heads into the atlantic, and head towards Florida again...

Ivan Seeking said:
Hey, I didn't know Paris was in Va.
:rofl:
You guys have actually any European city in your country. That is a lot of imagination :tongue2: Or perhaps we make such an impression on you :approve: :biggrin:

I am actually lost in VA, I cannot find my way back
I began an ark, but i can't find anything to save here :rofl: :tongue2:

humanino said:

Since you're in VA yourself, I guess that means you're not worth saving :wink:

humanino said:
:rofl:
You guys have actually any European city in your country. That is a lot of imagination :tongue2: Or perhaps we make such an impression on you :approve: :biggrin:

Now I definitely believe you're in VA! :rofl:

Are you near the coast or inland? If you're inland, there won't be much to worry about. Wind might knock down a few trees or power lines, but probably not strong enough to take the roof off or anything. Just make sure you have some flashlights and candles and a battery operated radio in case the power goes out for a while. Do you have gas or electric to cook with? If gas, you're set (just have matches around if you have an electric starter on the stove). If you have an electric stove, stock up on some food that doesn't require cooking. Basically, plan the same as you would for a really bad thunderstorm where the power might go out.

If you live near the coast, then ask your neighbors if you need to do anything special, or take a trip inland.

My powers of telepathy seem to suggest that Humanino is indeed by the sea...in fact I see many, many ships, of all sizes and types very near him.

The ESP signal is a little weak now, what with all the weather and such...so that's all I'm getting.

Where could he be...folks ?

There's a large physics lab/reactor in VA, isn't there? I'm guessing that's where he is. I'm sure that building is built to withstand more than just hurricane force winds, so just stay at the lab during the hurricane.

Moonbear said:
There's a large physics lab/reactor in VA, isn't there? I'm guessing that's where he is. I'm sure that building is built to withstand more than just hurricane force winds, so just stay at the lab during the hurricane.
I would not bet ! The halls by themselves are safe for the wind, but then I need not to cook myself in 15 minutes before I want to commit suicide. As for the accelerating tunnel, the level of radiation down there is enormous. A pressure problem in the cooling system of the magnet could cause the pipes to break, and the beam to be randomely released, which makes enough power to cut a body in two parts. So the tunnel is not safe either. Then, the entire site is a real hazard : there is so much Helium here, a major leak could cause the pressure to drop down, thus amplfying the strength of the hurricane. I am trapped ! I am scared ! The world is going to collapse ! :cry: :uhh: :yuck:

Thanks. I feel better now. :smile: A listening hear is so much help :biggrin:
Hello ? Anybody there ? Are you comming with Jeanne ? :tongue:

This should help you feel better humanino.

http://solosong.net/jean.html

Boy was that calming !

Here humanino, all I've got is David Essex's Rock On (or should I say Rack On ?), but I can't play it for you...

Still looking for that blue jeanne baby queen
Prettiest girl I ever seen
See her shake on the movie screen...

Thank you

Ivan Seeking said:
Indeed :bugeye:
I am hypnotized, waiting for sweet Jeanne to be here :zzz:

Ivan Seeking said:

At least no green men jumped out to scare me after all the soothing music!

Gokul43201 said:
Still looking for that blue jeanne baby queen
Prettiest girl I ever seen
See her shake on the movie screen...
Yes, I know those jokes too :wink:
Mentor discretion obliges :devil:

"She" is here. Only rain and wind so far, not very impressive. I am not sure I am allowed to say this is deceptive :uhh:

1. What is the cause of "YAH"?

The cause of "YAH" is a combination of warm ocean temperatures, low wind shear, and the Coriolis effect. These factors create the ideal conditions for a hurricane to form and strengthen.

2. How is the strength of "YAH" measured?

The strength of "YAH" is measured using the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale, which categorizes hurricanes based on their sustained wind speeds. This scale ranges from category 1 (74-95 mph) to category 5 (157 mph or higher).

3. How long does "YAH" typically last?

The duration of "YAH" can vary, but on average, hurricanes can last anywhere from a few days to a week. However, some hurricanes can last for several weeks if they remain over warm ocean waters and encounter favorable atmospheric conditions.

4. What areas are most at risk from "YAH"?

"YAH" can potentially impact any coastal area, but regions in the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico are more prone to hurricanes due to their warmer waters and favorable atmospheric conditions. Areas near the equator are less likely to be affected by hurricanes.

5. How can we prepare for "YAH"?

It is important to have a hurricane preparedness plan in place, including a disaster supply kit, evacuation plan, and communication plan. It is also crucial to stay updated on weather forecasts and any evacuation orders issued by local authorities. Additionally, strengthening building structures and securing outdoor items can help minimize damage from "YAH".