1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Yale Physics exam papers

1. Dec 19, 2014 #1
    My QFT professor said he taught graduate QFT at Yale in the Fall of '96 and that the course he is currently teaching us is almost identical to it. If possible, I would be interested in seeing the exam papers. I've googled but that yielded nothing.

Is it possible to view past exam papers from Yale?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Why don't you just ask your professor?

4. Dec 19, 2014 #3
    I'd honestly rather just either find them online if it was possible.

5. Dec 19, 2014 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Hmm, sounds like cheating to me. Get his old exam papers without his knowledge, so you can maybe luck out and get the same/similar problem on an exam now...

6. Dec 19, 2014 #5
    With all due respect, no. His current exams, which he has taught for 12 years, are all extremely similar in the sense that he has a repertoire of about 8 questions and will put four of them on a paper in any given year. By your logic I'm cheating just by looking at those, because he WILL do the same this year.

The reason I don't want to ask him is because I don't find him very approachable.

7. Dec 19, 2014 #6
    Anyway, it doesn't matter because they seem to be non-existent. I will just continue doing problems from Peskin and ask him next term.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook