Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Yaw motion of a hexacopter

1. Jun 5, 2013 #1
    Hi everyone, I am to design a linear controller for the yaw motion of a hexacopter. My professor gave me this simplified version of the motion (in picture) . However I am trying to derive it myself, but I really cant get my head around it. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 5, 2013 #2
    Of course t_m is the time constant, not tau_m*s

4. Jun 6, 2013 #3
    Your professor just wrote a first order system which is linear. However, in order to derive a proper you need to know the equation of the yawing motion of your device. Also, you need to know the transfer function of the hexacopter itself. Then you can design the open loop system but to be honest I don't really remember controls and feedback and I don't think I can help you much :(

5. Jun 17, 2013 #4
    I agree. You have to know the equation of the yawing motion of the device as well as the transfer function of the hexacopter.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook