Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Yay It's Christmas

1. Dec 23, 2005 #1

Mk

Yay It's Christmas!!

Well, maybe not there yet, but here it is Christmas morning.

Also if you wake up around "5:30 a.m. on Dec. 25th, steal a glance out the window on your way to the tree. The crescent moon will be gliding by the bright star Spica--a pretty close encounter. In some places the moon will actually blot out the star. Check http://spaceweather.com for sky maps and more information."

Merry Christmas!!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2005 #2
    Where exactly are you located??? :tongue2:

4. Dec 24, 2005 #3

Mk

I just found out, its like the Day BEFORE Christmas... ooohhhhhhhhhh!!

5. Dec 24, 2005 #4

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Ooooooppps....

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  6. Dec 24, 2005 #5
    Merry Christmas To All of You, God Bless.:rofl:

7. Dec 24, 2005 #6

DM

Merry Christmas everyone!

May this be a peaceful Christmas to everyone in the world, my wishes are specially tailored to all of those living in the third world.

8. Dec 24, 2005 #7
    Hope there will be no terrorist's attack.

9. Dec 24, 2005 #8

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Merry Christmas to you, too!

By the way, here's a suggestion for next year:

10. Dec 24, 2005 #9

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Well in Guam, it's Sunday, December 25, 2005 at 4:11:05 AM

So Merry Christmas, Mk!

11. Dec 24, 2005 #10

JamesU

Gold Member

ooo....it''s Xmas Eve!!!

And still, the only presents under the tree aren't mine :grumpy: just my little cousin's, my brother's, and my parents'.

My little cousin is getting a Karaoke machine and I think muy mom is going to make me sing with him :mad:

12. Dec 24, 2005 #11
    Merry Christmas everyone!

On Christmas eve, my cousins and I made Christmas-themed pastries. The whole thing came in a box, pre-packaged with plastic Santas, sleds, reindeers, gummy candies, and a couple of other things. We used edible paste to hold everything together, and covered everything with "snow". It was great fun, even though only 10% of the whole thing was edible, the rest being plastic.

I guess that's the closest we will ever come to actually celebrating Christmas here in Brunei, where it's a secular holiday. Not much of a festive atmosphere here at the moment...how dull. :zzz:

13. Dec 24, 2005 #12
    Does anyone else here open presents after christmas eve dinner? As in...tonight?

14. Dec 24, 2005 #13
    What is the meaning of Christmas? Shopping spree? Or do you really remember and believe that Jesus dieing for your sin?

15. Dec 24, 2005 #14

JamesU

Gold Member

I open presents Christmas morning. And we're eating dinner on Christmas night.

Most people don't celebrate Christmas because of Christ. It's a commercial holiday.

is that bad :uhh:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  16. Dec 24, 2005 #15
    Looks like someone hasn't seen "A Charlie Brown Christmas." :biggrin:

Though seriously, Christmas is usually a time when Christians celebrate the start of Jesus's life, where Easter is the time when they contemplate the death and resurection. At least, that's what we did in Catholic school.

17. Dec 24, 2005 #16

Mk

Lies, all lies. What most people don't know is that Santa Claus is actually Jesus. Think about that one for a bit.

18. Dec 25, 2005 #17
    Santa Claus is fake, like the seven little dwarves of snowwhite.

19. Dec 25, 2005 #18

Mk

I don't get Santa. What's so great about an old fat guy who empties his sack into you socks?

Where have I heard that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?